Who is paying for the “search and rescue” effort for the missing tourist submersible?

So, the entire World is searching for this missing submersible which in reality is a rich persons tourist trip to a very dangerous and unforgiving environment..

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...v&opi=89978449

This has to be costing millions. Did these tourist take out insurance policies to cover the cost in the advent of a catastrophic failure?

If people choose to engage in extremely dangerous and I’ll advised activities, what is the obligation of the rest of the world to do what ever it takes or what ever it cost to save them?

I’m not trying to be callous or cold hearted, but I think these people are idiots for even doing this considering the likely hood of death if ANYTHING goes wrong.
The whole thing sounds fishy..
George Soros............he pays for everything all the time
What's the price of a human life ? The Coast Guard and Navy get paid the same whether they search or not.
It's crazy how many corners they cut in the construction of that "submersible", from a $30 video game controller to control the entire thing, no escape hatch, whole thing bolted from outside with 17 bolts so there is no way to open it from inside, old fitting pipes as ballast, no sonar, no direct radio communication,

Then they charge $250,000 a person to ride in it.

Here a CBS News report from December 2022. That reporter was lucky to be alive.

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/a-visit-to-rms-titanic-1/

The memes on the internet for it are actually funny.

Implosion.
Conspiracy theories to begin.... .
Tax payers expense
Implosion.
Conspiracy theories to begin.... .
Tax payers expense Originally Posted by winn dixie
Retrieving the wreckage and the bodies will be a big expense at 250,000 a person OceanGate the deceased and their surviving families can pay for it. This expedition was not a Government or Military Operation so they are on their own as far as I am concerned.
There are no bodies at that pressure. What was humans imploded into microscopic size for fish to eat.
There are no bodies at that pressure. What was humans imploded into microscopic size for fish to eat. Originally Posted by CG2014
Sleeping with the fishies
So, the entire World is searching for this missing submersible which in reality is a rich persons tourist trip to a very dangerous and unforgiving environment..

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...v&opi=89978449

This has to be costing millions. Did these tourist take out insurance policies to cover the cost in the advent of a catastrophic failure?

If people choose to engage in extremely dangerous and I’ll advised activities, what is the obligation of the rest of the world to do what ever it takes or what ever it cost to save them?

I’m not trying to be callous or cold hearted, but I think these people are idiots for even doing this considering the likely hood of death if ANYTHING goes wrong. Originally Posted by Jackie S
True but they are RICH idiots. If I recall, the MINIMUM cost of this is $250K. Guess they just want to do a one-up to their friends.
There are no bodies at that pressure. What was humans imploded into microscopic size for fish to eat. Originally Posted by CG2014
... Winn said that the whole thing was FISHY.

And what are we hearing? ... That the Navy actually
KNEW of the "implosion" a few days ago?

So much for informing the public...

### Salty
Yeah, I heard something to that effect. I am sure they never knew what hit them.
Think they should also make any dives on the Titanic illegal unless it's by scientists Let those poor 1517 soul who died in 1912 rest in peace.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...mersible-laws/
click for full images