Snarky or Not?

Let's move the discussion from the alert thread to here. Do members of this board have any responsibility to add value to the board. Certain posters seem to derive their pleasure from pure sniping, adding little to the information exchange, yet tremendously adding to the drama and bile that can pour through the threads at time. I know, now is the time to utilize the ignore feature more!

I don't want or need this to be "Rodney King" time, we really all do not have to get along, but for crying out loud add something of value WTF. So let's not break into "Cumbayah", but let's try to keep this board from becoming a toxic wasteland!
not to worry, sure Husein Obama will appoint a 'snarky' cszar real soon..
Certain posters seem to derive their pleasure from pure sniping, adding little to the information exchange, yet tremendously adding to the drama and bile that can pour through the threads at time. Originally Posted by Perryay
Well said.

I'm fairly new to this site but have noticed this type of behavior on the local and national boards. The "mob" mentality on some of these threads is ridiculous. One person makes a comment and everyone else jumps on them.

It's somewhat disturbing.
still, no worries, when Obama 'care' kicks in, if the rationing doesn't take care of the weak, theres always 're-education' camps, where proper medication can be administered. Then out the other end well all have the correct view...
but for crying out loud add something of value WTF. ! Originally Posted by Perryay
I don't remember saying anything about national politics.......
still, no worries, when Obama 'care' kicks in, if the rationing doesn't take care of the weak, theres always 're-education' camps, where proper medication can be administered. Then out the other end well all have the correct view... Originally Posted by buzzbomb
The old snarky me would say "shhhh the adult's are talking". The new snarky-lite (now with 33% less snark) would say "Your comments are off-topic and are not adding to the discourse."

As for the level of snark on this board, I don't find it any higher here than an other message board. I just think we are maybe a little more sensitive due to the nature of the hobby being discussed.
Let's move the discussion from the alert thread to here. Do members of this board have any responsibility to add value to the board. Certain posters seem to derive their pleasure from pure sniping, adding little to the information exchange, yet tremendously adding to the drama and bile that can pour through the threads at time. I know, now is the time to utilize the ignore feature more!

I don't want or need this to be "Rodney King" time, we really all do not have to get along, but for crying out loud add something of value WTF. So let's not break into "Cumbayah", but let's try to keep this board from becoming a toxic wasteland! Originally Posted by Perryay
errrr time out error errrrrrr

I agree. And I do not like the tone of a few. Does not matter if I agree or disagree. That is just the way it is.
Not all are going to have the good manners that you display most of the time.
I never thought I would use the ignore list function.

It sounded like something only a wuss would do.

I've used it on one occasion and enjoy the board more. I don't need every post to be meaningful, there's room for fun; but too much is too much.
Not all are going to have the good manners that you display most of the time. Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
Is that most of the time until I post number of posts and number of reviews?..............
213/7=30.43 1293/5=258.6, yup you got me.LOL
213/7=30.43 1293/5=258.6, yup you got me.LOL Originally Posted by offshoredrilling

Hey Offshore - maybe your math is better than mine what is 158/0 = ?
http://hookeraddict.wordpress.com/20...mbs-up-way-up/ Originally Posted by jokacz
I hope you are not as contemptuous of us reviewers as "hooker addict" appears to be.

While one does not have to review to be a good citizen of the board, it would be nice to be constructive and courteous.
it would be nice to be constructive and courteous. Originally Posted by jackfengshui
True.

This would be good too. I'd appreciate it if the local mods would advocate for the feature:

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=89014
Hey Offshore - maybe your math is better than mine what is 158/0 = ? Originally Posted by Perryay
While one does not have to review to be a good citizen of the board, Originally Posted by jackfengshui
Well its "0", but 258-158=100. But I was thinking what jack posted later. And some have posted things that have made me think. Even when I did not like the tone of the post.