Hobby Phone

Hey guys, I know this has been discussed before but can you make any suggestions on the best hobby phone to get and where to get it? Thanks much
T-mobile kiosk at the mall. Bring cash. Get the phone for your "friend" and put in "his" name. Take the battery out when you're not using it.
Thanks for the advice Max. they dont said a bill do they? Is it pay cah as you go?
  • Aguy
  • 08-26-2010, 11:40 AM
I have a Verizon prepay phone. It was $20 at Walmart. It works on the Verizon network. IIRC correctly you can set it up right from the phone itself. You certainly can do it over the web. If you put $100 on it, the minutes don't expire for a year and there are a bunch of different plans. Minutes can be replenished through cards that you enter the number from. This can all be done with cash. When I did it a year and a half ago there was no place you ever had to put any information in that had to be verified. I think the web asks for an email address but use yahoo hotmail, gmail. If you are extremely paranoid use an out of town library to get on the web. They'll ask for you license, but all they do is hang onto it until you're done and hand it back. But again I think you can set the phone up right from it. I suppose that they could get your picture from the cameras that record the register area, but unless a serial killer starts offing ladies and that phone number starts to come up as the last person they talked to no one is going to make the effort.
Thanks for the advice Aguy.
Tracfone
Tracfone Originally Posted by smokey1187
I 2nd that. Cheap, easy to load, no bill.
T-Mobile Prepaid is cheaper to refill than Tracfone, and works in Canada.
T-Mobile Prepaid is cheaper to refill than Tracfone, and works in Canada. Originally Posted by jackfengshui
Last I knew t-mobile's coverage wasn't very good outside of the cities. Not so good for us country boys that live out in the sticks! Unless its gotten better.
Last I knew t-mobile's coverage wasn't very good outside of the cities. Not so good for us country boys that live out in the sticks! Unless its gotten better. Originally Posted by taggert
If coverage is the main criterion, Verizon Prepaid might be the choice.
hobby phones are the way to go...walmart has some great "prepaid ones"