Oenophilia?

Its not sex with a caterpillar.... lol.

Seriously, are there any providers who do (or you know of), that actually appreciate a good bottle of wine?

And while you're at it, what's your favorite lately?
My ATF likes wine. Her showcase says as much including what type. I've taken some on a couple of visits. She was grateful for the gift. If a showcase and or P411 profile says wine you could always ask. Same ATF also likes chocolate. I asked before I bought if there was a particular kind. Fortunately I had not pre bought milk chocolate. I know you will find a nice lady to share some nice wine with.
I absolutely love a good bottle of wine.
My fave varies... Right now my fave red - Layer Cake white - Santa Margherita
Both are fantastic!!
I just recently took a class and attended a series of tastings. I've definitely gained an appreciation for certain reds, which I hadn't considered previously. However, even given this newly found appreciation for wines, I still think I'm still firmly in the cocktail club.
My favorite is Sterling Unfiltered Cabernet.. absolutly fantastic!
My top 4 reds by types (too many brands to list)
#1-Chote du Rhone
#2-Bourgogne
#3-Malbec
#4-Bordeaux

For whites I'm picky. Just like
1-Puilly Fousse
2-Chardonay by Coppola

White Sparkling:
-Chandon (domestic)
-Prosecco

Rose, only Mateus from Portugal

Champagnes:
-Crystal
-Don Perignon / Moet Chandon
-Veuve Clicqot
Oh, I didn't count sparkling wines in that. I love ALL sparkling wine. I recently attended a "bubbly" tasting was in heaven. I have a friend who is training to become a Master Sommelier; I learned it's quite expensive and doesn't involve as much actual drinking as you'd think.

That's such a shame, too.

My favorite is Sterling Unfiltered Cabernet.. absolutly fantastic! Originally Posted by Red_Headed_Julie
Nice!... I've become a fan of Jordan lately.
German Riesling is my current favorite!
Those box wines are really good.
I just recently took a class and attended a series of tastings. ... Originally Posted by Hélène Stone
Hélène, always interested in tastings and learning about diff kinds of wine.

where was the class held? about how long did it last and how much did it cost?
or just post a website or name or ph# - it would be appreciated.

malbec!
cava!
oh, and dark rum.
Hélène, always interested in tastings and learning about diff kinds of wine.

where was the class held? about how long did it last and how much did it cost?
or just post a website or name or ph# - it would be appreciated.

malbec!
cava!
oh, and dark rum. Originally Posted by pmdelites
Check the Total Wine web page totalwine.com. They have various tastings going on weekly, wine, beer, and liquor. Be sure to pack a lunch on your first trip, they have a lot of merchandise to survey.
Their North Plano store is where they're held, it's off Preston Rd just south of the SRT.
I've also gone to Specs at Coit and 15th St, the former Mr Gs, for tastings. See Specs web page.
chainsaw, thx for the info. specs is closer to me, so i'll check them out.