Dark Bars

I rarely do overnights but I love "Day Dates" where we just spend the whole day together.
One major major issue is finding a bar that is quiet, intimate and dim, preferably without a lot of windows... On the dark side..I think it just makes my married guys feel better...especially the ones playing hooky from work.
Kind of like The Loon before it closed. One that opens by 4.
Anyone know of anything like that?

In the uptown/oaklawn/downtown/lower Greenville area etc..
Max's Wine Dive in uptown was pretty dim as I recall. Then again it could have been the Pinot.
Morton's in Uptown (on McKinney) is quiet and dark...

Also, The Library Bar at the Meltise Hotel is nice...
Also, Twilight Lounge in Deep Ellum is cool...
The "dark bar" is a dying breed. The only one I can think of is the Cosmos Bar and Lounge. But that is borderline and it is more of a hipster bar trying to be old school dark lounge (i.e. the Age of Mad Men).

Maybe the Balcony Club in Lakewood?
http://www.balconyclub.com/

The Cock N Bull.........Gaston in Lakewood?
http://www.cockandbulldallas.com/

Ships (Greenville at Ross) was the place; but sadly closed a few months ago.
The Mecury Grill at Forest and Preston is dark.
On a sunny day ( remeber those). It takes a few minutes for your eyes to adjust.
  • ~Ze~
  • 05-15-2015, 01:35 PM
The Gingerman at Shops at Legacy, not "dark"... But they have some spots in the back where you can tuck away in and pretty much be left alone.
The Goat
lol... now all I can think about is a "day date" getting blasted with Maggie while playing "grope & tickle" in the back of a dimly lit bar - thanks MM...
(What's THAT run - because.... damn!)
how about the aptly named Libertine Bar (*) on lower greenville?
it's just down the street from trader joe's, in case you need some chocolate, fruit, or juice.

(*) Libertine
noun
1. a person who is morally or sexually unrestrained, especially a dissolute man; a profligate; rake.
2. a freethinker in religious matters.
3. a person freed from slavery in ancient Rome.

adjective
4. free of moral, especially sexual, restraint; dissolute; licentious.
5. freethinking in religious matters.
6. Archaic. unrestrained; uncontrolled.

Synonyms Expand
1. roué, debauchee, lecher, sensualist.
amoral, sensual, lascivious, lewd.
The mansion
Max's Wine Dive in uptown was pretty dim as I recall. Then again it could have been the Pinot. Originally Posted by jessejames

It was the Pinot, Babe LOL! That place has two walls of windows! For a tiny place, to have two of the four walls entirely windows it is lit up! ( I was just there for brunch Sunday)

I agree that the Library in the Melrose is dark (and elegant), and the Balcony Club over the Lakewood Theater could work, towards the back, as it is long and narrow, but I believe there are windows by the front door.

There are so many great suggestions in this thread that I haven't tried. Gonna put them on my summer "to do" list.