Moving on for a bit

On June 20, I will be out of Dallas, and ultimately will be leaving the country for an entire year.... I'll be back next spring/summer. I've had such a wonderful time in Dallas, I'm sorry to leave on this trip. But I have had it planned and have been saving for several years..to backpack through Europe for an entire year..I will not be available via PM for references or anything else, so if you have anything to say/ask, would like to see me, or would like to use me as a reference, please contact me or please get yourself pre-screened to your favorite provider before then. I'll be using 'leaving the country' as an excuse to UNPLUG! I will not be available for a reference!
Just wanted to put this out there so one of those: What ever happened to maggie threads isn't created. (As if I were that important but just putting this out there)
Any and all tips about Europe highly appreciated.
Showcase and p411 will be deleted on June 20, but don't worry, I'll be back next summer! Will miss you all!!
Posting taint photos would be a proper send off.

In Europe the floors in buildings are numbered differently than here. The ground floor is not numbered. The numbers begin on what we would call the second floor. Also, many buildings do not have elevators. So if your room is on the fourth floor you will be going up to what we call the fifth floor. I learned this the hard way.

Keep your passport and money in the front pocket of your jeans. Pickpockets and purse snatchers are the norm. They often work in teams looking for American tourists, we are rather naive.
Be safe and have a great time.

I would do a google search on the areas you will be traveling in
to find information and tips.
Best information should come from people that have already
lived the experience.

Pyramider is right. Always keep your valuables, passport, money, etc
secured. Pickpockets can be a big problem in tourist areas.
And be careful who you trust.
Have fun. U will really appreciate Texas once u have been to Europe
You will love it!!!! Congratulations! Everyone should backback through Europe at least once!

Put skydiving in Interloken on your MDL!

I'm so excited for you and i don't even know you! Lol

Congrats, Maggie May! You're about to have the time of your life!
Have a blast! It will change your outlook on so many things!
Enjoy yourself. It is sure to be a great adventure.
I moved to the UK last fall and I'm enjoying every minute of it.

If you have any questions about London, shoot me a PM.

Clouddancer
Have fun Maggie! If you get a chance you should hike the Camino de Santiago in Spain (at least part of the way)
Have fun babe!!
You will love it!!!! Congratulations! Everyone should backback through Europe at least once!

Congrats, Maggie May! You're about to have the time of your life! Originally Posted by thathottnurse
Interlaken is a nice littke town. Expensive, but nice. Jumping out of a perfectly good airplane in midair is nuts, though.

Be sure to a lot yourself plenty of tine for southern France and northern Italy. Two amazing places that are like none other. At least a month in each.

Congrats, Maggie May! You're about to have the time of your life! Originally Posted by thathottnurse
That's so sweet, thank you!!
Thanks everyone
I'll try to post pics every now and again and thinking of starting an Instagram - if so, I'll let folks know. Still mostly trying to unplug but if we actually cross into Turkey, that's so adventurous - I'll have to post up a few pics.
Jumping out of a perfectly good airplane in midair is nuts, though. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
Not with a hottass instructor tethered to your backside. *fans face*

Be sure to a lot yourself plenty of tine for southern France and northern Italy. Two amazing places that are like none other. At least a month in each. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
+ infinity.

Can't wait for your pics, MM! I have a good notion eccie will be the last thing on your mind though.
I currently work in Zurich 1-2wks/month, lived in London for 2 yrs (County Seat Marriott right next to the London Eye).... Enjoy the adventure.... You'll come back with a new perspective on this world of ours, along with a greater appreciation for all the things we take for granted here at home...
Check out lonely planet forum is a wonderful guide for backpacker, you will met a lot fellow back packer in hostel too!!