What's up in Kansas City.

hey. All. I coming from a very woke state. I don't like it at all. Lol. What's going on on Kansas City? I have visited Kansas City metro few times in the past, and I am very fond of Overland Park area. I like a boring and quiet life in Overland. Who knows, I may move to Overland Park few years later.

I hope you all doing well. This forum is really dead now.
The snow will melt tomorrow.
If relocating you should take a little time exploring other areas such as Waldo, The Northland etc.

Having come from the Pacific Northwest I can understand the woke situation.
Hope you enjoy your visit to KC and get to experience and discover new things.
Hope you enjoy your visit to KC and get to experience and discover new things. Originally Posted by Boredinop
Thank You
The snow will melt tomorrow.
If relocating you should take a little time exploring other areas such as Waldo, The Northland etc.

Having come from the Pacific Northwest I can understand the woke situation. Originally Posted by JohnnyGleet
I value my safety. Is Overland Park and Olathe are the top 2 place in the metro?
Country Club Plaza. Think you would love it. Tons of things to do all within walking distance. And centrally located as well.
Country Club Plaza. Think you would love it. Tons of things to do all within walking distance. And centrally located as well. Originally Posted by Boredinop
Thanks, I have been there once. Not really impressed. As we have Mall of America here. The Plaza is in the City limit, and I feel unease at night. I much prefer a safe and boring suburbs like Overland Park or Olathe.
Pardon me.
Kansas City north by airport is much more quiet and small community like yet still has shopping.
Kansas City north by airport is much more quiet and small community like yet still has shopping. Originally Posted by cmore197474
Look up Zona Rosa.

Nothing like ' The Palace ' ;-)
Kansas City north by airport is much more quiet and small community like yet still has shopping. Originally Posted by cmore197474
Yes. I stayed there once too. It has restaurants and shops by
Pardon me. Originally Posted by Boredinop
I was saying I am not a city person. I prefer Overland Park or Olathe.
If I was young and single and looking for interesting and safe areas to live on the Kansas side I would look to these areas:

Downtown Overland Park - lots of now restaurants and apartments with mixed use buildings.

87th and 435 - lots of expansion on both sides of the interstate there. Lots of entertainment and housing developing there.

Town Center Plaza 119th & Nall - Great shopping and restaurants and aloat anything you need. Apartments et all.

This is just my opinion so take with a grain of salt. Also this has nothing to do with the hobby and only to do with your request for safety and area looking.
If I was young and single and looking for interesting and safe areas to live on the Kansas side I would look to these areas:

Downtown Overland Park - lots of now restaurants and apartments with mixed use buildings.

87th and 435 - lots of expansion on both sides of the interstate there. Lots of entertainment and housing developing there.

Town Center Plaza 119th & Nall - Great shopping and restaurants and aloat anything you need. Apartments et all.

This is just my opinion so take with a grain of salt. Also this has nothing to do with the hobby and only to do with your request for safety and area looking. Originally Posted by bcm1969

Thank you so much. I just booked a hotel in Overland Park.