Democrat presidential candidate Gabbard sues Google, alleges election meddling

Which is the greatest danger to the American electoral process, China and Russia or Google and Facebook?

Sounds like the Silicon Valley, monopolist elite want someone other than Tulsi Gabbard. A Bernie Sanders redux, anyone? Only the "elect" enjoy the monopoly of Big Tech.

Democrat presidential candidate Gabbard sues Google, alleges election meddling

There’s more reason to question whether the big tech companies are putting their thumb on the scale or even meddling when it comes to U.S. elections.

New allegations and a federal lawsuit come from the presidential campaign of Democrat Tulsi Gabbard.

According to Gabbard, in the immediate hours after the first Democratic Presidential debate on June 28th, 2019, “millions of Americans were searching online for information about Tulsi Gabbard.”

The campaign points to news reports that state Gabbard was the most searched candidate on Google. Then, without any explanation, Gabbard says, Google suspended her Google Ads account.
"For hours, Tulsi’s campaign advertising account remained offline while Americans everywhere were searching for information about her. During this time, Google obfuscated and dissembled with a series of inconsistent and incoherent reasons for its actions. In the end, Google never explained to us why Tulsi’s account was suspended. Google controls 88 percent of all internet search in the United States – essentially giving it control over our access to information. That’s one reason why Tulsi has been a vocal proponent of breaking up the tech monopolies. And no matter what the motivation was for doing so, Google’s arbitrary and capricious decision to suspend Tulsi’s Google Ads account during a critical moment in our campaign should be of concern to all political candidates and in fact all Americans.

"Google’s discriminatory actions against my campaign are reflective of how dangerous their complete dominance over internet search is, and how the increasing dominance of big tech companies over our public discourse threatens our core American values. This is a threat to free speech, fair elections and to our democracy, and I intend to fight back on behalf of all Americans."

Tulsi Gabbard

BY SHARYL ATTKISSON
Looks to me like TG is sinking in the waves and wants media to point a spotlight at her.
Looks to me like TG is sinking in the waves and wants media to point a spotlight at her. Originally Posted by Joey_Gleet
She had a better chance than Gillibrand, which is zero. But I think she has a point.
She had a better chance than Gillibrand, which is zero. But I think she has a point. Originally Posted by bambino
I agree. Too "coincidental". Gotta wonder who Big Tech is supporting this time around. Bernie?
I agree. Too "coincidental". Gotta wonder who Big Tech is supporting this time around. Bernie? Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Pocahontas. Bernie is a dead man walking
Waves or not, Gabbard should not be treated any differently than any other candidate (and that includes Trump). It's the American way. wonder how many decisions Zuckerberg's Chicom handler lets him make.
She has a legitimate point even though she is a DPST.
I got out of most of my GOOG stock today and will wait for a few weeks until the govt's pathway is figured out. Could be nothing, could be a breakup. In any event, expect a multibillion dollar fine.
Her account was suspended because Google doesn’t want her to be President. It’s that simple.

Sure, they will offer up some excuse, ie, technical flaw, someone pushed the wrong button, anything but the truth.

The power of supplying information or withholding information is staggering. Tulsi Gabbard is just the tip of the iceberg.
Well LSM and Boogle assbook etc