Recommendations - dinner in KC, best places in town?

Every city I visit needs at least one great meal at a local foodie haven!

Any recommendations on where I should go to dinner tonight?

Thanks
Garozzo's

And welcome up to kc
Jess & Jim's Steak House
517 E. 135th St. Martin City, MO 64145
Jess & Jim's Steak House Restaurant Review: This is not a place for glamour or to do hard-nosed business deals. Jess & Jim's hearkens back to a simpler America, where what's on the plate matters more than anything else. This is a place where you get good grub and plenty of it, and the meat is hanging naked and proudly in the window. You're going to have to wait for a table before tucking into the 25-ounce Playboy strip or the 30-ounce porterhouse, which comes with a twice-baked potato or plate of cottage fries. If steak isn't at the top of your list, don't rule out the family-style plates of chicken. A savory buttermilk dip yields chicken that's down-home tasty.
Lidia's Kansas City
101 W. 22nd St. Kansas City, MO 64108
New York City restaurateur, cookbook author and PBS cooking show star Lidia Bastianich gambled that Midwesterners would take to her regional Italian fare. Her risk paid off. The David Rockwell-designed space in a rehabilitated, century-old warehouse anchors the Freight House district, just behind Union Station. When the weather is nice, diners can sit on the patio and watch the trains pulling in and out of the station. During the winter, a massive fireplace warms the bar. The pasta sampler is a consistent favorite, an all-you-can-eat trio that changes daily. Bastianich taught Kansas Citians to appreciate frico, grated cheese sprinkled on a hot pan, stuffed with various fillings and griddled until the cheese melts and crisps. The zuppa di pesce, lamb shanks and duck gnocchi are among the other house favorites. Mama Mia, bella gusto!
Oh lort here we go!
Lmao
Baby just come to my place and Ill make ya some mac n cheese and lets get after it!!
Town Topic.
Guess I gotta be the first to say it.
But I'm thinking it might just be between your legs.
If you are CC Plaza area JJ’s is very good
hawaai brothers in op

have fun!!!
Some of the best restaurants in KC are BBQ - Joe's, Zarda, Gates, Wyandotte, Arthur Bryants

Grunauer is probably the best restaurant in KC

Then there is the import taco place from Austin, TX - Torchy's Tacos. They've had it a long time, but KC has not.

KC has some good Italian, Garozzo's and Cascone's are among them.

I wish I would have known you were in town.
Some of the best restaurants in KC are BBQ - Joe's, Zarda, Gates, Wyandotte, Arthur Bryants Originally Posted by hazmat
As bad as BBQ is in KC that is a truly sad statement on the quality of KC restaurants. SMH
CK you crack me up.

But, for the KC guys, Shawn is into pasta. So where did the bbq comments come from?

Back to CK,
I had two party loads of kc bbq from Jack Stack delivered to Halifax. At my thing I only got one rib and two spoonfuls of creamy corn cause that's all that was left after the Canucks, the US east coasters, and some, yes, Texans cleaned off the rest of the table. Clearly there's Texans that like more than that dry stuff that CK is hung up on.
Hungry people will eat almost anything UC. Your statement proves that point.

Good Texas BBQ is moist because of the way it's prepared as opposed to KC BBQ that is moist because they ladel on the grease.
Harsh.
Don't worry Playa.
One of these days he'll actually have some kc bbq. It's a mission.
I've eaten plenty of KC BBQ. Was there last weekend even. Sent what I got back and had a hamburger. You folks just can keep that greasy crap.