Turkey Day Traditions and Gratitude

• Emmie
  • 11-24-2021, 09:21 AM
Hey y'all!

I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!!! I wanted to let everyone know how grateful I am to have such an amazing hobby community. I was interested in hearing what was something everyone was grateful for as well as any holiday traditions that you do.

I always try to go to the Plaza lights as my tradition for the holidays. Since I am in town I am definitely going to try to make that happen again this year.

Can't wait to see everyone's responses!

Xoxo,

Emmie
I always just enjoy hanging with family on Thanksgiving!! I am hoping to head to Deadwood SD around Christmas time love the area
Moved to Sandbox. dj8
My Thanksgivings have mostly been on other days for many years!

This year however, in celebration of my LDL level falling off the proverbial cliff (without drugs) I picked up a 16 oz, young, sweet Rib Eye morsel begging me to feed on her young, sweet, juicy, pink meat! Ain’t gonna pass that up!

Ain’t slobbered over pink meat in a good while!!
Watching the Lions lose.
No Thanksgiving would be complete without :

Staff Edit - Link Removed - Biomed1
As some of you know
thanksgiving is a special time for me and my guy...it is our 41st anniversary of loosing our virginities to each other..innthe front seat of a station wagon in a cemetary called Pilgrims Rest!
We spent the day alone thursday/resting and relaxing together.

But one set of kids came over tonite for new orleans themed thanksgiving dinner..gumbo and creme brulle!!

and
the other set of kids coming monday for chicken spaghetti!

I am very rich in blessings..in the hobby and in my outside life!!
Things to worry about if you've left the turkey out for to long:
The irony of getting a link to a piece by the author of Naked Lunch deleted along with a warning.

On a hooker review board.

William S. Burroughs would chuckle.

"Thanks for laboratory AIDS.

Thanks for Prohibition and the
war against drugs.

Thanks for a country where
nobody's allowed to mind his
own business.

Thanks for a nation of finks.

Yes, thanks for all the memories
-- all right let's see your arms!

You always were a headache and
you always were a bore.

Thanks for the last and greatest betrayal
of the last and greatest
of human dreams. "
As some of you know
thanksgiving is a special time for me and my guy...it is our 41st anniversary of loosing our virginities to each other..innthe front seat of a station wagon in a cemetary called Pilgrims Rest!
We spent the day alone thursday/resting and relaxing together.

But one set of kids came over tonite for new orleans themed thanksgiving dinner..gumbo and creme brulle!!

and
the other set of kids coming monday for chicken spaghetti!

I am very rich in blessings..in the hobby and in my outside life!! Originally Posted by DallasRain
Ware could that place be?
The irony of getting a link to a piece by the author of Naked Lunch deleted along with a warning.

On a hooker review board.

William S. Burroughs would chuckle.

"Thanks for laboratory AIDS.

Thanks for Prohibition and the
war against drugs.

Thanks for a country where
nobody's allowed to mind his
own business.

Thanks for a nation of finks.

Yes, thanks for all the memories
-- all right let's see your arms!

You always were a headache and
you always were a bore.

Thanks for the last and greatest betrayal
of the last and greatest
of human dreams. " Originally Posted by JohnnyGleet
That link you provided had some very blatant racist comments on it...or did you notice??
That link you provided had some very blatant racist comments on it...or did you notice?? Originally Posted by playa76
The phrase you refer to is satirical and actually anti-racist if correctly understood.

There is also the local connection in that WSB was born in STL and lived his last years in LFK as well as appearing in a U2 video filmed in KCMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAYZ29QklTg
As I have pointed out on three separate occasions grasping the intended and sometimes obvious context of ‘Merican Ing-Leesh phrases and sentences has proven difficult to management and readers alike!

But it does make it easy for those with an ax to grind or when slaying the grey haired old lady’s dragons by her il tempered and fault finding errant White Knight!

“All for one and one for all”!!!

[QUOTE=JohnnyGleet;1062664478]The phrase you refer to is satirical and actually anti-racist if correctly understood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAYZ29QklTg[/QUOTE]