Flu?

There is an unlimited amount of threads/posts everywhere on here about STD paranoia, but does anyone have concerns about something as pedestrian as the flu? If so, do you do anything different hobbying when it is going crazy like now? Take a break till the "pandemic" is over, take pre-emptive RX's (Tamiflu, etc.) or just not concerned about it, or maybe have had it recently and feel like you still have an immunity (you probably do btw if it was was the H1N1 type anyway)?

Just curious as it was a crazy day - I had 17 of my 55 employees out today confirmed with the flu and the rest are freaked the hell out trying to remember who they might have eaten lunch with or been in a meeting with this week.

Oh and all but 1 have the H1N1 variety and 8 of them had gotten flu shots back in November/December which is supposed to have a close match vaccine in it. Again, just curious I guess because it was such a strange day - never seen anything like it in all my many years...

A super sweet client was supposed to see me the 13th but woke up sick and postponed it 10 days to be safe. I appreciate his consideration SO much!

Maybe I should introduce a "Ultra Safe Session" where we both wear mouth masks and I give a covered HJ?

Similar to this, except I'd wear a mask too.

LMAO ^^^^^
I have been taking my vitamin C and B12, plus I did get the flu shot.

Both of my roommates got sick twice lately and I haven't, knock on wood.

Killer immune system I guess.
I think about it, but like everything else, you gotta hope people are taking proper steps, to reduce the likelihood of flu-viral spreading..

the other day a Provider asked me about the Swine Flu.. well, that's what I thought she was asking, but moments later I realized she was barking at me.. "you're swine"!

You are correct to be concerned. And the best precaution to take is to get vaccinated.
I mention in my review of Crazy4LisaLove that the night before our meeting she'd bitten her tongue and suggested CBJ to be safe. To date that is one of the classiest and most considerate things I've had a lady do. I wasn't crazy about a CBJ but wow that girl showed, as has been debated in several threads, a CBJ can be VERY enjoyable when the lady really knows what she's doing!

http://www.eccie.net/member.php?u=92
I didn't feel good recently, it wasn't the flu and I never ran a fever, but definitely waited a cpl days after being symptom free before I saw friends. I also attacked every surface with the Clorox wipes, multiple times.
You are correct to be concerned. And the best precaution to take is to get vaccinated. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
TTH is correct- as a Pharmacist I vaccinated personally nearly 100 people in the last 7 days and I lost track of how many Tamiflu prescriptions I filled, so the threat is real. As a Pharmacist for over 12 years this has been one of the worst I have seen in recent memory. It's still not too late to get a Flu shot- I am thinking this may well go into March or Early April. Everyone be safe- I think people are over looking the little things when you go shopping at a local grocery- it's almost certain that someone there has the flu or onset of flu and if they have sneezed on a cart or touch the cart and you later use that cart it would be so easy to spread the virus without knowing.
I hope any ladies who are having any type of cold symptoms avoid making themselves available and ditto for the hobbyist.
  • MojoR
  • 01-17-2014, 07:23 AM
I had the flu back in December. Trust me, if you have never had it, you don't want to catch it.

If you have not had the vaccine go get it, as its better late than never. Yes, if you read on the internet about vaccines you will read articles about not getting vaccinated, that they put all sorts of horrible stuff in vaccines - bla, bla bla. I'd happily take a shot of battery acid if that meant I'd not catch the flu again.

Best bit of advise I've gotten from a friend who is a DR. is that when you are in public, like the grocery store, is to keep your hands clean and to not touch your face until you get your hands clean.

Other than someone swapping spit with you (which I doubt will happen to most in the grocery store) or someone sneezing on you, you are the person who introduces the flu virus to yourself when you touch your face with your hands.

I know WholeFoods has sanitary stuff that you can use, otherwise bring your own.