You've been "Voogled"!

• Loxly
  • 06-27-2014, 05:16 PM
Got a call from a Provider friend of mine back east. Among other things she told me of an encounter she had doing an outcall. The guys references were good.

She got to the hotel, made the call and got the room number. Knocked on the door and when it opened the guy had on a pair of Google glasses. She immediately said, "Sorry. I've got the wrong room." then spun on her heels and made her way down the hall hearing "Wait!', Wait!"

As soon as she got to her car she called him. "What the @#$!$#^ was that!"

He told her it wasn't active, he had recently got it and he was just trying to adjust it. She didn't buy into the story and told him never to contact her again. She also back-channeled about this.

I'm not up on the capabilities of Google Glass but I'm a little uncomfortable now. With all the video crap out there it seems like we're all on the radar.
I imagine that it would be about the same as opening the door and seeing a video camera or webcam, and probably less inconspicuous. Although I don't buy the "I'm just adjusting it" line either.

Probably better to let the provider know in advance that you have a Glass, and ask if she's video friendly if you want to record. If not, just put the damn thing away.
Probably better to let the provider know in advance that you have a Glass, and ask if she's video friendly if you want to record. If not, just put the damn thing away. Originally Posted by Schmafty
If ever anything fell under the obtain-permission-first catagory, that'd be it. Wow! There've been a couple of reviews lately of a provider (who should remain nameless here since that was in ROS and therefore private info) that had a camera on the action at her hotel incall and claimed it wasn't active.
There are plenty of easy to conceal "spy" cameras for the bad guys to use.
1) Hobby Phone

2) Hobby Car

3) Hobby Bug Detector

The list keeps on growing with the surveillance technology. Maybe someday we'll see an encrypted self-erasing booking AI. It won't have to pass a Turing test, just have good TCB and maybe a built in pimp filter.
I didn't know these glasses were even out yet. He was probably going to record the whole session.