Interesing question about client spouses and/or significant other

So I'm curious what ya'll's thoughts are on this. I thought it might make for interesting conversation. In the event that a spouse and/or significant other goes through a client's phone and find messages or phone calls between the client and provider and then proceeds to contact you and asks, "What's going on?" what would you or did you do? I've had this happen on numerous occassions. I usually just ignore it if possible. IMO i believe the client should always delete any correspondence because i don't feel that it is fair that a provider ever be put in that position. Thanks in advance for your responses.
I'm not a 'provider' however that has happened to me before. I was mgr of a studio a few years back and when the lady called I said the first thing that popped into my mind..... "Oh, he's a friend of my husband's but he's not here right now, do you want me to have him call y'all when he gets back?" (as my heart is trying to jump outta my chest) She politely apoligized for bothering me and hung up. So that sorta became our " what to do if this ever happens to you" answer...........
I dont know what anyone else would do, but I do know that this will never happen too me. After every call or text, I immediately delete the phone number and the text. Its very easy. Just dont be careless and leave things on your phone that you dont want others too see.
There are several ways to handle the call from an SO.

IMO, the only right answer is: DENY knowing anything. Period.

Ring ring......
SO: "Why is your number in my husband's phone?"
Gabby: "I have no idea who your husband is or why this number is in his phone. Good bye"

That simple. No need to go into anything else, IMO. Husband is in deep shit, because he is not smart enough to A) get a prepaid hobby phone and B) Clear his freaking call log and text messages (Which, oh by the way, the SO CAN get your phone records....and she CAN pay for a reverse cell phone number search...) Which is why hobbyists and providers need a hobby phone......

If you recognize the number the SO is calling from, you may want to send the hobbyist a PM and give him a heads up.

The scenario, however, goes both ways..... a few years back a provider's SO went through her phone and called up the hobbyists and asked why they were calling his wife....

Can I say it again? Get a hobby phone.