Preppers

Ok let's here it. Who around here are actual preppers? Do you prep only for you and yours or do you consider neighbors too?

This is an extension of a conversation I was having last week.

Ps please forgive misspelled words, this phone has no good auto correct.
  • CGrey
  • 11-11-2012, 09:26 AM
Basic storm prep, yes. Armageddon, no. Would gladly share with the neighbors - several are really cute. Able to go several days to a week without electricity. Not prepared to go months to a year - too much trouble to maintain that stock for an event unlikely to occur. Perhaps I will one day regret that decision, but the optimist in me thinks not.
Shit hits, I leave.
I hold about 2 weeks to a month worth of stuff in case of twister/storm issues. And of course lots of Zombie Max ammo just in case the zombies (or Obama) come a calling.
This was a trap. All us lazy folks have to do is find out who is prepping and when the stuff hits the fan....knock, knock, we are here.
Yep --- my prep is to buy lots of guns and ammo and then monitor blogs to find out who's doing the other type of prepping like storing canned goods and other things I may need to confiscate!
I have lived through too many hurricanes and tornadoes. I have surfed in the Gulf of Mexico while storms are battering the coast, good waves are hard to find unless there is a good storm. Now that I am older, smarter, and lazier I just leave and let the insurance adjuster know my number.