Good seafood restaurants?

I'll be arriving in Houston this evening and would love to eat some fresh seafood...I am a foodie so I would also appreciate info on other types of restaurants as well.

I love the authentic flavors from different cultures so I don't mind if it's a 5 star restaurant or a hole in the wall...I just want good food.

So please recommend your favorites

Thanks!
Long John Silvers .....
  • Pbmgd
  • 04-21-2017, 09:39 AM
Reef in Midtown. Brian Caswell is a James Beard winner. Best seafood in Houston IMHO.

For a more informal experience, I also like Goode Seafood in Upper Kirby. Get the Campachana
If you like Latin seafood (& bubble booty Latina waitresses):
Ostioneria Michoacan or
Mambo, there's several throughout.

A little more upscale is Goode mentioned above & one on Katy freeway as well.

Pinch on 290 is great for foodies.
  • Pbmgd
  • 04-21-2017, 10:04 AM
Speaking of Latin seafood, check out the Weekend Lineup for fish tacos of varying quality...
......I also like Goode Seafood in Upper Kirby. Get the Campachana Extra Originally Posted by Pbmgd
Fixed that for you
Papas, McCormick and schmick, reef, Goode company seafood, Bernadine's,caracol, masraff, trucklucks...you will not go wrong for Mexican I recommend what's listed above plus el tempo cantina...cheers and have a great time.
Caracol, Galleria area, 2200 Post Oak. Coastal Mexican style. One of the better new places.
  • Pbmgd
  • 04-21-2017, 11:48 AM
Caracol, Galleria area, 2200 Post Oak. Coastal Mexican style. One of the better new places. Originally Posted by htownhunter
I second the Caracol recommendation. Excellent and a menu you can find in very few places
Red Lobster has got it going on.
Caracol is good, Oceanaire was so so last weekend, Goode Co is always a good choice, Mambo as stated above, fun atmosphere and I have pulled a waitress from there too Masraffs is good, little on the pricey side for the quality IMO...

Oh, and Captain Bennys
For fresh non fried try Manny's on 45 south @ monroe. Their fried is also good if that's the way you prefer it.

My favorite in there is their 'al-vapor' (steam cooked?) flounder or red snapper fresh from the gulf. You'll have to wait because it takes 20+ minutes to be ready, meanwhile enjoy some gumbo or some oysters or a 'vuelve a la vida' cocktail.
If you want fresh fried shrimp Captain Benny's on 290. Get the dinner shrimp.
Goode company seafood is stellar
If you want something different Redfish Grill on 249 is awesome. This place also has sushi and all of the derivative. No place else like it. Check out the menu on line. They have a Grouper and scallops in a keylime ginger sauce that just taste fucking great.
  • R.M.
  • 04-22-2017, 10:54 AM
Trulucks. Stone crab.
I've been looking for seafood for 5 years since living here. I grew up along the East Coast. Here it seems that all these seafood places are either:

1. Chinese Restaurants
2. Latin flavored.
3. Cajun style
4. Crawfish places

Outside of Galveston and Kemah (because they are too damn far), where can I go to get (what I call) normal seafood. I do not like catfish. I do not like cornmeal battering. In fact, I don't want fried. Perhaps a good stuffed flounder/cod/sole, etc. I love shrimp (not fried). New England clam chowder or lobster bisque. It seems like only Red Lobster, but there has to be some more local seafood places - not in the style I have listed above.

Any help please. BTW, I live in the Pearland/Friendswood area.