Backpage question...

Two times in the past month or so, I have received calls from Backpage (or someone claiming to be FROM BP) offering me free advertising for two weeks. Not a bad deal really but it got me to thinking.

I have been out of town and am getting caught up on my reading here and noticed mention of Arlington LE looking to pop CL and BP via stings or something like that.

I was in my car when the lady called me. She said "We'll run your latest ad free for two weeks". I asked her what ad she was talking about because I haven't had an ad on BP in probably a year. NEVER on CL by the way.

She read an ad that I may have posted some time ago and it was worded a little suggestively. I said "NO, I would NOT want that ad run at all but she could check back with me when I get back in town as I might write a new one". She stated she'd check back next week. I'm curious to see if I hear back.

Has anyone else been contacted by BP or anyone CLAIMING to be from BP? I just felt kinda weird about it. I don't really think this is alert-worthy but it just felt strange to me.

Personally, I don't HAVE to advertise as I have enough business to keep me busy. I'll put something up here now and again since we have our lovely FORT WORTH section but that's it.

Am I just getting paranoid? Just a LITTLE? Hmmm...
Vnurse, don't risk BP, if You are doing allright, why ask for trouble? BP can really backfire on providers and hobbiest's
All but a couple of my BP experiences have not been good.
Tony
V, I had a call sortof like that a while back. I didn't feel good about it either. They never called me back. Check your PM's. I do still post on BP but it's more to remind my clients of my phone number. If I get a call from BP, they still have to pass muster.
They want you 4 your body, VNurse.

Are you ready 2 give it up?
I try to stay away from CL and BP and stick to reputable forums such as ECCIE. Someone is always looking to bust you. I have been to a few AMPs but even those make me a little nervous.
Thanks for the responses all! I appreciate it. I haven't received acall back and probably won't. No big deal. I don't NEED the ad space there so it's all good. When you have been around as long as I have, everyone pretty well knows you anyway so I'll just stay good like I am.

Fast Gunn, I'm not QUITE sure how to take your post but it IS making me giggle a little.
I have never actually picked someone from BP or Cl to see.
I choose the ladies I am going to see either from P411 or from reviews posted here and elsewhere.True they may have run BP ads but I don't respond to those directly.
It seems a lot of drama goes with Bp girls.Something I didn't get into the hobby for.
Now with the alert thats been posted I see absolutely no reason to be using it.Those ladies that do,screen,screen,screen.
My biggest issue with BP is when you call one of those girls and the SECOND you stall your words, say 'uhh' or pause in any way, they hang up. Better be ready to answer EEEVVVERRY question they ask you PERFECTLY or.............[click].
I have been using Backpage for awhile, and I have always had really good luck with it. Very nice gentlemen.
Vnurse,
There are lots of us guys around here that want your body...if only for an hour or so... LOL!
bigtom62
1 hr of V is good for my body !!
You know guys, it doesn't hurt my feelings ONE bit! LOL!
They want you 4 your body, VNurse.

Are you ready 2 give it up? Originally Posted by Fast Gunn

No... they want a variety.
And they want to assist the best at what they do good.

Short story:
Seems I was headed to Tampa to the Superbowl from Houston. (1year ago!) And I had got this call from a lady claiming to work for BP. Well she asked if it was okay for them to actually run my ads for me. (In several cities.)

Well let me tell you the fans went crazy. And you know me, I'm a leading lady of the backpage take-off. (Meaning I was there in the beginning.)

Oh, I agreed and from time to time, look for a extra ad or two. Free advertising just like ECCIE.

So Vnurse, the moral of the story is, they do give out Providers of the Decade Awards.

XOXO... Good luck
other than eccie girls i meet here, i have used backpage for years with no problem, but i ask plenty of questions, and you know i get plenty of good ladies, JR