Proper Phone Etiquitte???? throw a dog a bone!

So, I have a very nice voice, near perfect diction, and am very polite, but for some reason, I am not having good luck on the phone with providers, sometimes from BP, sometimes from ECCIE...

I read that some guys talk on the phone for 15 minutes before commiting to a session; am I being to abrupt?

Or maybe it has to do with my lingo; maybe the words I am using are sending up red flags for the girls. Here is a typical conversation, please let me know where I have gone wrong:
(underlined words are typical resonses)

Hello, Bunny?
Yeah, that's me.
I saw you on Backpage.
Oh, okay, great.
Yeah, I'd like to set up a time to see you.
Um, well, I'm not really seeing anybody right now. (even though she's just posted online)
Oh, dear. It doesn't have to be right now; can I make an appointment for later?
Um, maybe. You'll have to try me later on.
I see. Well, while I have you on the phone, can you tell me what your rate is? And what part of town you're in?
hang-up
hello, hello, hello? Well, shit.
Maybe try

Hello bunny I saw your post on eccie

Oh hello how are you?

Im great my name is 3daygetaway and I found you on eccie (or wherever) I have x amount of provider refs I can give and would like to book with you

Awesome may I ask who and how they will remember you?
When I did BP I would do the following .
Hi, is this Bunny?
I saw your ad on Backpage and wanted to see if you are available for a 1hr incall ?

Then they usually said yes and gave coordinates to their area and asked to call from there.
Call back get place.
Then usually a call to get rm number.

Here and p411 the ladies usually prefer text or pm.
Many providers don't like to talk about rates over the phone with an un screened stranger...particularly if the girl has a website, p411 or has simply listed her rate in the ad in which you got her number in the first place.
I don't see any huge red flags with the words you use. If that really is the typical response you get, more than likely it has something to do with the way you say it.

I never ask about the rates over the phone if I can find that information anywhere else.
There is some great advice above.

I do not see any red flags, per se, but booking BP ladies over the phone is very different than communication with ladies here on the board.

I would start with something like this:

Phone ringing and answered: Hello?

You: Hello, I hope I have a good number, I am responding to an ad on backpage.

Her: Yes, what can I do for you?

You: I was looking to make an hour appointment with Bunny, later today.

Her: Cool, that is me!

You: Awesome, I was hoping you could find some time for me between 10 and noon today.

Her: Sure, just call back 30 minutes before you want to be here.

You: Ok, I will, oh, and by the way, I hate to mention it, but want to make sure I bring the right donation for an hour.

Her: It's 160 baby.

You: Thanks, I will call you soon.

Her: What is your name, baby?

You: 3day

Her: Call me soon, 3day.

You: Ok, I will. Good bye

Her: Bye sweetie.

Subtle differences to be sure. For starters, you make no assumption about who is answering the phone, you tell her who you are looking to make an appointment with.

Secondly, you tell her you want an appointment, how long and the approximate time.

Thirdly, handling the money question is a challenge at best, but best done AFTER she has agreed to see you. Of course, she may have some other screening requirements, just be prepared to answer her questions and/or requirements.

My .02 for what it is worth.

Respectfully,

OldSarge
All great advice- I agree, it's a quick close, all business conversation then hang up.

Pertaining to the BP side of the conversation, upon arrival, when "she" opens the door, oftentimes, you will see this:

Pertaining to the BP side of the conversation, upon arrival, when "she" opens the door, oftentimes, you will see this: Originally Posted by LBoog
A lady with a sweet smile??!? Yea, I concur. They're the sweetest! :P
All great advice- I agree, it's a quick close, all business conversation then hang up.

Pertaining to the BP side of the conversation, upon arrival, when "she" opens the door, oftentimes, you will see this: Originally Posted by LBoog

I have heard of the bait and switch before, and indeed, I have let myself be deceived by 10-year-old pictures, but never an out-and-out switcheroo!

What do guys do? Do they go for it? Do they ask for a discount? Or do they just leave disappointed?
I lived and learned, no longer use BP. Most times here and on p411 the pics are fairly close. Most times! I have ran into one instance where the pics were probably 8-10 yrs old and she had gained 40 + lbs. Do you're research, read lots of reviews , and take pics with a grain of salt!