Thread of Funny Pics (Feel free to add)

Originally Posted by tia travels
Sorry Tia,

These boys are not Amish: look, they both have moustaches. A long beard is often a defining characteristic of an Amish man — just as long as there's no moustaches with it.
These boys are not Amish: look, they both have moustaches. A long beard is often a defining characteristic of an Amish man — just as long as there's no moustaches with it. Originally Posted by JRLawrence
Those are just hipsters
Unless they're in rumspringa and decided to try the 'stache? That one guy in the picture has his shoes off...did you notice? BTW JRLawrence , thanks for telling me about the mustache thing. I learned something new today.
There are two Anabaptist [Amish/Mennonite] communities near my farm. The only time I have seen any of them barefoot is the children.

Adults are rarely seen without a hat or bonnet on.

One of the men in the photo appears to have a belt buckle, which is not allowed. They prefer to wear a hemp rope around their waist as a belt, instead of leather. Suspenders are popular since homemade pants rarely fit as well as store-bought pants fit.

I wear a full beard with a mustache. The mustache is seen as a military influence [they are pasifists]. AnaBaptists do not allow mustaches. I do not care since I am a US servicemember.

Of course seeing a computer is out of place. They would prefer to hire someone to use a computer for them. I but things from Mennonites wo market online. The online website is all done by non-Mennonites paid to do that, the purchase orders are written on paper and a child runs the papers back to their shop each day.

Amish are not allowed to use a telephone. Mennonites can use a telephone if it is outside or in their place of business.

The other thing that seems wrong is the slouching. They dont slouch.

Unless they're in rumspringa and decided to try the 'stache? That one guy in the picture has his shoes off...did you notice? BTW JRLawrence , thanks for telling me about the mustache thing. I learned something new today. Originally Posted by tia travels
Rumspringa is for the younger kids. Only after they are married do the the men start to grow beards. The Amish are some of the nicest people I have ever met. Hard working, and very successful. They have my respect.