Top 100 Restaurants with 2 in Dallas...

• ~Ze~
  • 03-05-2012, 06:33 PM
I am always on the lookout for new fun places to taste- Fox News had a recent article about their top 100 spots across America.

Two of which were in Dallas -

#45 - Fearing's

#91 - Stephan Pyles

And two in Austin -

#15 - Franklin BBQ

#54 - Fonda San Miguel

I am Jealous of how many amazing places made the list from Chicago!!! I might need to hold onto it when I travel there next.

I WILL be trying both of the Dallas spots while I am in town.. anyone up for Ceviche?
Pyle's is fantastic. I've both eaten there and had a cooking class with Stephan at the helm.

Two words: salt course.

He also has a spin-off restaurant called Samar that I have yet to try. (Tried to get you down there, but we never got it arranged... :P)
I would NOT call this a best restaurant list.
No way any sane person lists Le Bec Fin at 34 and something like Frankline BBQ at 15.
It seems like whoever compiled this should have broken it into a lot of different categories. I mean, I like Pok Pok in Portland but it doesn't compare to Fearings or Pyle's for service, ambience and food. It is really in another category.
Franklin BBQ is "OK" but no way is it No. 15. Might as well rank James Coney Island at No. 14.

I agree with both of the Dallas locations. Samar is really good! We had the sauteed shrimp, lamb pizza and some scallops. Definitely get the plain naan.
Franklin's belongs in the Top 10.
I have been to Fearings and it was amazing! Also try 560 by Wolfgang Puck in the Reunion Tower! Best sushi I have every had! As well as the Dragonfly at Hotel ZaZa or The Oceanaire at the Westin Galleria. I love fine dining..its kind of a hobby. The Dallas Chop House on Main St downtown is really good too.
charlene:

i love fine dinning maybe should try:

Nick and Sams
Pappas bros steak house
Eddie V's
Hibbiscus

I enjoyed them
Restaurant awards are not the best way to determine which place YOU will enjoy the most. We all have different tastes and what what person may enjoy is not the same for others. Decide which place offers great food, even better service and has the right ambiance for you and your guest.
I'm still patiently waiting to have my sushi cherry popped. I've been ready for about 18 months to try anything. Seriously bring me a high protien roach from India. I'll try anything.
Lol, LovingKayla you should defiantly try Wolfgang Puck for your first sushi experience. It was awesome! But it may make you a bit of a sushi snob after you have it lol I don't want to eat sushi anywhere else now.

Caliente, thanks for the advice. I've been too Papas Bros but I will defiantly have to try the others out.
~Ze~,

Be sure to put The Foundation Room @The House of Blues, on your to-do list. Very cool atmosphere and the tapas are amazing. Save room for the milk and cookies, too...they spike the milk. Sounds kinda gross but it's really good. I think you have to be a member, but I know someone who knows someone, if you wanna go

The Foundation Room Menu
The Foundation Room is a great place, especially right before a concert at the House of Blues. Dannie maybe we need a date night at the Foundation Room????
The Foundation Room is a great place, especially right before a concert at the House of Blues. Dannie maybe we need a date night at the Foundation Room???? Originally Posted by durango95
YES YES YES YES YES Just say when!