In need of a mechanic

If anyone is a mechanic or knows of one who is honest and not a price gouger, I would really appreciate someone letting me know. The power steering is giving me fits!
Please PM me ASAP.
Thanks!
Nic, hoping you find the person you need. Car problems are not fun.
Thanks WYAR. I shelled out a good deal of money recently only to have the same problem come back. Out here in the sticks, there is no way anyone can NOT have a car!
I just looked at the power steering fluid level and its BONE DRY! The shop I took my car to, a nation wide chain BTW, had my car for 4 hours. If there was a leak, they should have TOLD me and offered to fix it!
It is common that the source of a power steering leak is the rack and pinion. This is the hydraulic system which turns the wheels when the power steering pump is activated. When a rack and pinion begins to fail, the seals will leak fluid. I just changed one on a parent's vehicle....not a fun job, took 4 hours, though that vehicle had the rack in a very hard to get to place. It is also not a cheap fix, so hopefully you will have another problem that is cheaper and easier.
Could you send me a PM with some of the details (bushing, seal, gasket, etc), including the cost. I would like to NOT die of sticker shock, just in case.
It still bugs me that a leak, no matter where it was coming from, was not noticed and reported.
Pm me make and model, and where your located (or would like to take it to). If near by enough I could look at it, or recommend someone for you.
I run a shop. I've sent u a PM. Anyone else can PM me if anyone needs work.
Check your PM's, and thank you for stepping up! Its very appreciated!
No problem. If we can't help eachother out the board is useless. Lol
  • Paven
  • 08-23-2012, 01:53 AM
Nicolet, Carguy350 is s total sweetheart! Hopefully he can help you sort this out.

No power steering=big shoulders lol.
Thanks paven. Your too kind.
  • Paven
  • 08-23-2012, 12:00 PM
Is a total sweetheart I meant lol late night grammatical posting error lol.

Big hugs Carguy350 .
Thanks hunnie.