Chronicle "expose" on SPas coming out Sunday?

Are Houston’s massage parlors havens for sex, prostitution?

Oct. 28, 2010, 5:31PM

Coming Sunday: It has been called VIP Spa, King Spa, Montage Massage & Day Spa and now, Du Soleil — though it has it has no sign marking it as a massage parlor, just curtain-covered windows in a storefront strip mall and a red and blue light declaring it “OPEN.” On 14 separate visits to this nondescript establishment over the last two years, vice officers have arrested 23 women for agreeing to sex dates. Yet the Richmond Avenue enterprise is open for business – one of at least 550 massage parlors that have operated illegally in the city of Houston, according to court documents, data and public reports.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/side/7267269.html
You don't need a whole expose to answer that question...
"I am shocked that there is Prostitution in those establishments"
What is the world coming to? I am outraged.
I hope they publish the complete list of massage parlors offering sex.

Just like the scarlet letter A, it will take all the guess work out of deciding where to go!
i blame the president of the united states, what is this world coming to
This is outrageous! I cannot believe such things actually occur in our fine city.

We must spank these women for being the bad girls they are!
I wonder how much they paid for the free advertisment?
I wonder how much they paid for the free advertisment? Originally Posted by enderwiggin
Exactly, the CHron s trying to do a "service" to the community by making them aware of the "degenerate" happenings in the city. Instead all they are doing is making those members of the community that may not know about it, aware of what is available.
I bet the research took a loooong time and several visits to the many AMPs. Journalism sounds like a tough gig.
I bet the research took a loooong time and several visits to the many AMPs. Journalism sounds like a tough gig. Originally Posted by pyramider
Like being a vice cop
Like being a vice cop Originally Posted by CivilBarrister
Being a reporter is a tough job... being a vice cop is a HARD job!
Is this even a question? It is only going to be available in the print edition and not on-line it seems.
  • Dad
  • 10-30-2010, 10:25 AM
Is this even a question? It is only going to be available in the print edition and not on-line it seems. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Don't worry, someone will post it online soon enough!
I hope they publish the complete list of massage parlors offering sex.

Just like the scarlet letter A, it will take all the guess work out of deciding where to go! Originally Posted by CivilBarrister
Lawls..