Why was the Change in Policy thread closed?

This thread has run it's course, become derailed beyond repair, AND become a haven for "piling on" or other various infractions.
Seriously? Mojo, with all due respect, did you copy and paste that from the last thread that was closed?

You stated that the thread had run it's course, I beg to differ. There was still legitimate back and forth discussion going on concerning the topic at hand.
While it may have been headed to a derailing the main contributors for the most part ignored the offending statement and continued on with their debate.
You stated that it had become a haven for piling on and other infractions. I still don't see where any piling on occurred. Yes there was some heated debate but it was kept civil and name calling wasn't even an issue.

Maybe a polite suggestion to keep a thread on track would have been more useful than closing the thread altogether. Some of your fellow mods have used that tactic to great success. But then again they have earned the respect of the base membership to the point that if they do make such a request it is more often than not honored.

Mojo, look at the active threads you currently have in co-ed. One welcoming SMI back to the staff. A couple of "look at me" threADs and someone asking how not to get caught in a sting. The Sandbox has become even less entertaining than that. Real nice job!

So, can we expect the above canned response in any future thread closures as that seems to be the norm now that you are expected to give a reason or can we maybe expect a carefully proportioned response prior to thread closings and a legitimate reason for closing thereafter?
Just wanted to send an apology to Blowpop, if we had known the thread was about to be closed would never have started that conversation, much less made that last post. Normally we would attempt to mentor mojojo a little at this point, but that hasn't been going so well.

The rest of The Boardman's points and that was an attempt at humor are dead on.
This thread has run it's course, become derailed beyond repair, AND become a haven for "piling on" or other various infractions.
Let's not get carried away with overusing that statement as an excuse to lock any thread. Quite frankly, in the thread that boardman mentioned, you guys should have sat back and just ate some popcorn. There was a good debate going on.

Less moderation is better moderation.
I thought the last couple of pages were some of the most entertaining, and I was looking forward to a moment of - what's the Greek word? - aha, apotheosis, or indeed - it will come to me soon.

I had already booked my seat to enjoy the love-in with kLK.

OK, I remember, a moment of catharsis.

Having just read wikipedia on catharsis, that is exactly what we have had taken from us!
Just wanted to send an apology to Blowpop, if we had known the thread was about to be closed would never have started that conversation, much less made that last post. Originally Posted by Wayward
No worries, old friend. I like that we can discuss things openly and honestly, have a difference of opinion, and still remain friends.
No worries, old friend. I like that we can discuss things openly and honestly, have a difference of opinion, and still remain friends. Originally Posted by blowpop
That my friend is a given and may be the most important point of all.
No worries, old friend. I like that we can discuss things openly and honestly, have a difference of opinion, and still remain friends. Originally Posted by blowpop
That my friend is a given and may be the most important point of all. Originally Posted by Wayward

Just another reason that thread should not have been closed so soon....... Not sure if someone was banging the RTM button..... but IMHO I think perhaps a little "re-direction" from a Mod FIRST before closure would have been the right path on that one...... I for one was finding that particular thread more informative in the last 2 pages then on the first, and with an honest discussion going on about things it was trending to an even more informative one.......But again... .that's just this dude's opinion.......

JaD
Hey guy
be nice think how nice a job a mod has if all threads are closed
kick back' have a beer' and pat ourself on the back
I'm a great mod see no trouble
Seriously? Mojo, with all due respect, did you copy and paste that from the last thread that was closed? Originally Posted by boardman

Care to reply mr mojo?
Free Tater!

This could be the redux. All I remember from the end of the other thread was.....

Some lady being rude to Wakeup...and someone else telling someone they had the ability to turn threads into mush. (magic)
I tell ya.. Maybe the bridge got to wobblin'..... or Fred got to flexin' his muscles. Who knows?
mojo rubble....I like it
That's Bam Bam, Barneys son, knuckleheads!

(What? I watch cartoons all day long, I gotta 2 yr old)