Bumps on a Penis.....

I've ran into a couple of men who had this condition and I inquired about it because I wanted to know what the bumps were from. It is not an STD of any kind but is known as Hirsuties papillaris genitalis.

For providers who scrutinize the penis like I do, I thought it would be beneficial for you to know what it is if you don't. It could be mistaken for an STD but it is a condition and not harmful. Nevertheless, if you aren't for sure, always ask in polite manner.
Attached Images File Type: jpg 230px-Hirsuties_papillaris_coronae_glandis.jpg (4.0 KB, 1799 views)

Looks like bad calamari

Looks like bad calamari Originally Posted by The G.O.A.T

... better than smelling like bad Calamari...
Damn I made a mistake reading this thread.
Damn I made a mistake reading this thread. Originally Posted by CivilBarrister
What are you complaining about.... providers think my penis IS a bump ... I felt better when Brooke Wilde took up for me and said... " Ladies, don't make a mountain out of a mole hill... "
Damn I made a mistake reading this thread. Originally Posted by CivilBarrister
Don't feel bad I got sucked in too lol
... and I thought that was a pic of an organic French Tickler....
ONCE again....proof that I am not the only poster that should have "Do Not Open or Else" warnings..
I posted this because I'm sure a lot of women don't know what it is and needed to be educated about it so sorry if you guys were offended by the pic. Yes, it looks intimidating so of course a female will be alarmed if she sees this and has no idea what she is dealing with and it can be embarrassing to the man trying to explain it. As with anything pertaining to sex, it's good to know all you can about it including facts about the male/female genitalia.
ONCE again....proof that I am not the only poster that should have "Do Not Open or Else" warnings.. Originally Posted by ratboy jam
Clearly.

BUT you are still No.1 in that category.

When you start a thread, I have to wait until there are several comments - then I can skip to the end, and find out if your post is something that won't make me sick.
so went on ahead and sucked on it?
Here are my thoughts on Hirsuties papillaris genitalis: See, I told you that I am as smart as wikipedia.

Hirsuties papillaris genitalis (more commonly referred to as 'pearly penile papules', or PPP) is a skin condition of the male genital organs. It is a harmless anatomical variation with no malignant potential, although it can be mistaken for HPV warts by inexperienced doctors. The papules appear as one or several rows of small, flesh-colored, smooth, dome-topped bumps situated circumferentially around the corona (see image) or sulcus of the glans penis. Pearly penile papules are not a sexually transmitted disease and are in fact quite common. Various[which?] studies have shown that the incidence may be in the between 8% and 48%, varying with region and whether or not the subjects are circumcised. Lesions typically are asymptomatic and persist throughout life; however, they gradually may become less noticeable with increased age. Sensitivity may or may not be a problem.
There is no need for treatment, however some people choose to get them removed for cosmetic reasons. There are now many cosmetic surgeons around the world who can remove the papules either with a CO2 laser or with a hyfrecator.
A similar condition, vestibular papillomatosis of the vulva, occurs in females and similarly can be misinterpreted for HPV infection. Like hirsuties papillaris genitalis, it is a normal variation on human anatomy.[1]
Not to be mistaken for HPV

*warning* Do not click on this hyperlink if you do not want to see graphic images of HPV on genitalia.

http://picturesofwarts.net/pictures-...-warts-on-male
Note to self: Do not open lincks provided by the ladies.