The New 346

Does anyone else already know this?

Houston has a new (4th) area code now; 346. I just found this out last week!

We truly have too many people in this city now if we need a 4th area code, lols.

This might also be useful info to know hobby-wise if being contacted (providers and gents alike) by a 346 area code; it is not out of town.
Victoria! Where have you been?! Just kidding, I honestly only found out a few months ago... But then again I dont have a 281, 713, 832, or 346 number

We truly have too many people in this city now if we need a 4th area code, lols.
. Originally Posted by Victoria of Houston
its not about the number of people

its about the number of burner phones

seriously though....just thinck how many phone numbers one person might have including work and fax, *pager*, burner, grasshopper yadda yadda
Victoria! Where have you been?! Just kidding, I honestly only found out a few months ago... But then again I dont have a 281, 713, 832, or 346 number Originally Posted by Still-Naughty
Apparently living in my own little world, lols. I like my little world though, it's sexy and fun here.

its not about the number of people

its about the number of burner phones

seriously though....just thinck how many phone numbers one person might have including work and fax, *pager*, burner, grasshopper yadda yadda Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter

True that; but still, the more people, the more phone numbers....we're both right.
btw....the technical reason for an area code is fuckin gone already.

they just need to shit can the idea of it being tied to an area and make it mean only toll free, 976 phone sex, etc.

we could then spell a whole bunch more and longer fucking words.....especially since they got rid of that second digit had to be a zero or one technical crap.

can't make words with zero or one
btw....the technical reason for an area code is fuckin gone already.

they just need to shit can the idea of it being tied to an area and make it mean only toll free, 976 phone sex, etc.

we could then spell a whole bunch more and longer fucking words.....especially since they got rid of that second digit had to be a zero or one technical crap.

can't make words with zero or one Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter
I have no clue what you are talking about, lols. Honestly, your technical knowledge of such things far surpasses mine.

That's ok though; I have other talents.....
^^^^ you probably don't even know the original form of instant communication.

no it's not telegraph, telephone, or television
^^^^ you probably don't even know the original form of instant communication.

no it's not telegraph, telephone, or television Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter
Smoke signals?
tele-woman ding dong
tele-woman ding dong Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter
No idea....
I have no clue what you are talking about, lols. Honestly, your technical knowledge of such things far surpasses mine.

That's ok though; I have other talents..... Originally Posted by Victoria of Houston
You can spell words with your number. Like on those commercials call 1 800 FUN TIMES! or something to that affect.
Shits been around since July 2014.
Shits been around since July 2014. Originally Posted by Dorian Gray
As said, apparently I live in my own, little world.

You can spell words with your number. Like on those commercials call 1 800 FUN TIMES! or something to that affect. Originally Posted by Fallout4
Oh yes, I know this. I am old enough at least, to be able to remember a time minus cell phones and what not, lols.
346 started 01July2014
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...te-5539874.php

Area codes are only relevant to the reliable old land lines.
Long distance charges will apply.

As you know cell phones don't care about area codes if in the US. No long distance charges.

They ran out of numbers because everyone now has multiple numbers today
Since they have established that new area code, anytime I've needed to get a new number and they attempt to give me a 346 area code, I decline and tell them I want a 713, 281 or 832, none of that 346 crap.

Growing up in Katy, 346 is the prefix for numbers west of Katy, like Fulshear and Sealy NOT a area code!