Sex Workers and Rape

A subject that isn't talked about enough
If it happens we aren't asking for it because if our job.
It's about consenting adults.

Great Article
Check it out

https://maggiemcneill.wordpress.com
Betty,
Please be more specific about an article title in the link.
Some of us ARE concerned with your safety.
How can you call her a "SEX WORKER"

Really why is this here?
It's a link to Maggie's site, I thought it would pop the one I intended. I'm the first to admit I'm a little dumb when it comes to linking stuff correctly.
How can you call her a "SEX WORKER"

Really why is this here? Originally Posted by RandB fan

Who are you referring to? Maggie or myself?

This is here for information and discussion.
Who are you referring to? Originally Posted by PSW1995
I'm a little dumb. Originally Posted by PSW1995
Answering your own questions is a start....

This is here for information and discussion. Originally Posted by PSW1995
In case you haven't learned yet the topics you bring up are not all that interesting to people here.....

YOUR train wrecks however make for entertaining fodder.
  • Toyz
  • 12-10-2015, 04:15 PM
I still struggle with the question of if this is rape or petty theft...

(I keed, I keed)...

Betty,
Please be more specific about an article title in the link.
Some of us ARE concerned with your safety. Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
https://maggiemcneill.wordpress.com/...-the-news-594/ , http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kather...b_8711720.html
Sadly, this is is especially relevant now with several of our ladies being raped recently and one was even shared in the alerts section prior to this post so YES this is important. Rape occurs here and it is a subject that needs to be broached and should not be shamed off the board by a rude bully. of course this issue is relevant and interesting. thanks for sharing Betty. It is a crying shame we even have to endure it much less talk about it in mixed company but we do.
  • Toyz
  • 12-11-2015, 10:31 AM
Sadly, this is is especially relevant now with several of our ladies being raped recently and one was even shared in the alerts section prior to this post so YES this is important. Rape occurs here and it is a subject that needs to be broached and should not be shamed off the board by a rude bully. of course this issue is relevant and interesting. thanks for sharing Betty. It is a crying shame we even have to endure it much less talk about it in mixed company but we do. Originally Posted by sue_nami
OK, so we "talk about it".

1). What is the benefit of discussing "it"?
2). Does it happen often? (I really don't know)
3). What actually construes "rape" in the hobby?
4). Will discussing it help the problem, or expand the misstrust & paranoia?
Yes. Let's just pretend like things like this do not happen. EVER!

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
-Benjamin Franklin

All it takes is one voice to bring something to the forefront. Make it a known. Let's not put on our ignorance hats. All aspects should be brought up, even the ugly ones.

I'm sure there are people who have borderline raped someone but did not know their actions were being taken as such. They should be aware of the behavior and signs. This is beneficial to victims as well as those who may unknowingly commuted said act. Just because you pay doesnt mean you get carte Blanche on what you can do to another.
  • Toyz
  • 12-11-2015, 03:26 PM
Yes. Let's just pretend like things like this do not happen. EVER!

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
-Benjamin Franklin

All it takes is one voice to bring something to the forefront. Make it a known. Let's not put on our ignorance hats. All aspects should be brought up, even the ugly ones.

I'm sure there are people who have borderline raped someone but did not know their actions were being taken as such. They should be aware of the behavior and signs. This is beneficial to victims as well as those who may unknowingly commuted said act. Just because you pay doesnt mean you get carte Blanche on what you can do to another. Originally Posted by Permission2Look
If your snarky little response was directed at my content, then please realize I was trying to bring honest & RELATIVE conversation to the topic.

If not...well...same holds true.

And your last sentence makes you Cap'n Oblivious...
I thought it was understood. it was theft, fraud, and possible assault but she was going to fuck him anyway. You cannot call it rape.
RandB, does consent in general equal consent to any specifics? One example that comes to mind is a recent alert about forced BBFS upon a provider in a fantasy roleplay situation. In that case, the violation of her lack of consent to BBFS is rape, even if he paid and she agreed to have sex with him in general.

Does an open discussion of rape in HobbyWorld help or hurt matters? If it helps to assure a victim that she's not alone, that it's not her fault, that she wasn't " asking for it"..maybe it'll help. If it leads to some way that a client and provider can communicate boundaries of consent so that he knows where not to go with the lady that he's spending BCD time with, maybe that'll help too.
I have a lot of feelings/thoughts about this, but I just don't think this is the place I'd like to discuss it. It doesn't feel safe, emotionally, to talk about here.

I will say that it's either becoming more prevalent around here, or it has always occured. But no one has come forward until recently.

To you sick fucks that do this.... I hope you all die a long slow painful death. We all have more information on you psycho's than you think we do and one day when you least expect it LEO or something far worse will be knocking on your doors.

Okay. That is all.