How to get hired at a Studio

Hi I don't know if this is the right forum to be posting this in, but I always wanted to work at a studio. I just can't figure out how to get hired at one. Everything is so hush hush I can't find any info about it. Thanks to everyone who offers advice.
Walk into one and say "I want to work here, who's in charge".

What studio are you interested in?
yes just walk in and fill out their app! That should work!
Turn into an Asian chick... LOL kidding but mind me asking why you want to work for one?? Dont they take a good percentage of your money?
You want to work at a studio and give up half your money? And have to see anyone that happens to wander in.
I was curious about working at one once...when I requested info they take about 50% or more depending on what all you need.
I can only post what I have heard from years of visiting studios in the past.

I've heard of studios where your "fines" for things such as not being at the studio, dressed and ready for that first session when you are told can be huge. You refuse to see someone? Fined. You need to leave? FINE!? I have had providers tell me of working at studios where they felt they'd have made more money on Harry Hines by the time the house fees and fines were taken. Oh, you need a condom? That'll be $20.

Not sure of any studio where you would be able to charge your currently posted Showcase rate and take all of that home.
Your showcase shows 300/hr. Not sure of any studio where you would be able to charge and take that home. Originally Posted by LazurusLong
Thanks to everyone who offers advice. Originally Posted by Lola Kane
You could Charge Studio Prices, Stay Indy, Keep ALL your money, and (i'm sure, at studio rates) you will be very busy.

Just a Thought,
CG
I have an even better idea. Find several other providers on this site who want to work at a studio and start a partnership studio. All of the net profit after customary expenses such as rent, advertising, etc. go back to the providers. Shouldn't the providers who do all of the work receive the profits??? I've heard rumors that most of the notable studios in Dallas are secretly run by pimps who exploit providers. I'm sure there are a lot of people on this site with degrees in accounting, finance, marketing, law, etc. that could help develop a strategic business plan.
This thread is making me miss DFWIndies.
Why do you want to work for some one else in their studio.

Stay Indy.