Hats off to the hated Giants.

And thanks to the Rangers for a wonderful ride.
yes, who would have thought the Rangers would make it to the World Series but my god how can the best offensive team get whooped like they did?
I'll be there April 1st, 2011 when the Rangers opening day is here! We take on the Red Sox, who's going with me?!!!
We will do much better next year. We have Nolan Ryan! This year alone was a bit of a miracle. I'm so glad that Cuban didn't get the Rangers. Look what he did to the Mavericks!
Any other team winning is better than the Yankees winning, the Ranger's day will come. They just need to hang onto Lee, that guy has one hell of an arm, and he did an amazing job for being added to the roster mid-season.
We will do much better next year. We have Nolan Ryan! This year alone was a bit of a miracle. I'm so glad that Cuban didn't get the Rangers. Look what he did to the Mavericks! Originally Posted by anova444
You may want to get your facts straight about Mark Cuban. All he did was overspend for the purchase price for the Mavs and he has had one of the highest payrolls every year since. I don't like the guy but I respect that he tries his best to win, regardless of the cost. You may want to look at the Mavs records before he bought the team, and afterwards.

And I highly doubt the Rangers will do "much" better next year since they actually made the World Series this year...You can't do much better than that unless you actually win it all!

Nice body though, Anova!!!!
Beisbol is full of quaint little truisms that have been developed over the years. One of them is "Good pitching trumps good hitting." Yep .... DAMMIT!!!

Boltfan, guess two whole chickens weren't enough, eh? There was even a "Jobu" reference during the Fox pregame, one of the announcers called him the "hit god," tff!

But, hats off to the Rangers - they are still the American League Champions - and April 1 is gonna be just around the corner. But, the Giants won and I'm not that sad because they played some mighty fine baseball. Gotta respect that.
You only ate 2? That's the problem. I ate 1 before game 3, 2 before game 4 and 2 before game 5. Do chicken nuggets count?

As much as I beyond hate the NoCal Battery Chuck Giants (I was raised by a Dodgers fan who converted to be a Padres fan when they formed, hence the SoCal vs. NoCal hatred) I am happy deep down inside for Bruce Bochey. The man has tremendous class. He took an overacheiving Padres team to the 1998 World Series only to be pummeled by the juggernaut Yankees and was a player on the 1984 team that was beat by the Tigers. He will always be a Padre to me.
.... I'm so glad that Cuban didn't get the Rangers. Look what he did to the Mavericks! Originally Posted by anova444
Huh? Turned them from basement dwellers into contenders? Took them to the finals just like we just enjoyed with the Rangers... got them into a world-class facility... this is bad?

You'll need to elaborate in order for me to understand, because I can't think of how Cuban has been bad for the Mavericks in any way, except for trading Nash, for which I will never forgive him!
And thanks to the Rangers for a wonderful ride. Originally Posted by Boltfan
Agreed. The Rangers got spanked by the Giants but it was a great ride and because of that a lot of new Rangers fans have been created.
It was a good ride, this is a young team but it needs to develop a bullpen. Can't have these guys go 8 innings every time. Money is on Lee to the skanks. Money talks.

Can't believe Bochy won one.
Rangers and Mavs have one thing in common

C H O K E
Huh? Turned them from basement dwellers into contenders? Took them to the finals just like we just enjoyed with the Rangers... got them into a world-class facility... this is bad?

You'll need to elaborate in order for me to understand, because I can't think of how Cuban has been bad for the Mavericks in any way, except for trading Nash, for which I will never forgive him! Originally Posted by Lust4xxxLife
I thought Cuban and Nash had a verbal agreement for a new contract and Nash contacted the Suns and got a better deal, so I do not think he was traded
I thought Cuban and Nash had a verbal agreement for a new contract and Nash contacted the Suns and got a better deal, so I do not think he was traded Originally Posted by cptjohnstone
If that is so (I don't know one way or another), then I will change my wording to "letting Nash (now a two-time MVP) get away."
Rangers and Mavs have one thing in common

C H O K E Originally Posted by wildcat
Cough, cough, C O W B O Y S, cough, cough.