Hockey fans?

Tonight, the Texas Stars advanced to the Calder Cup finals having defeated Hamilton Bulldogs 4 games - 3. Calder Cup finals against Hershey Bears start next week with games in Cedar Park the week following. Is anyone paying attention (besides me)?
  • Mokoa
  • 05-26-2010, 10:36 PM
Speaking of Hockey...

Always a hockey fan - I played for 13 years all the way into college until I went to check someone and missed them and hit the boards. I popped my shoulder into my rib cage. I was intending to hit him hard :-) After I recovered I finished my first semester of school and quickly realized I had no more time to screw around with ice hockey. Still like to see games in person - Ice Bats and now Cedar Park - good times.
Mokoa --- I'm all about Red Wings but glad to see Chicago in the finals. I was hoping for an all original-6 finals but Les Canadiens couldn't hold up their end. Would love to see Chicago end its drought. Too bad they're not still playing in the Stadium.

Oh...and for one of those ladies, I'd wear a "Blackhawks sweater."
Need to check out a game in Cedar Park.
Been to every game so far; luckily I live close by and somehow I have not been travelling with work when a game has been in town.

Great getaway; put the job stress on the back burner, eat some dogs and drink some beer and watch some good hockey, ocassional fist fight, sit back and say " all is good."
Made it to 5 or 6 games this year! What an addition Jamie Benn has been. How many times do you see a team that did not exist last year make it to the championship series?? Most impressive. Regular season the Texas Stars ranked 3rd in attendance in the AHL. Congrats Texas Stars!!!