Kansas City Brothel History

$10 in 1913 had the buying power of $235 in todays money.
Yes, he got most of it correct. I did my own research on the matter going up to the 70s when the mob was in town. I met a former madam who told me about how she paid off the cops with money and pussy. Kansas City was a fun town.
Yes, he got most of it correct. I did my own research on the matter going up to the 70s when the mob was in town. I met a former madam who told me about how she paid off the cops with money and pussy. Kansas City was a fun town. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Unfortunately, most of the U.S. used to be a fun "town" before the conservatives decided they were too perverse to trust themselves without 'rules'; and somehow thought they were any different in their extremism than the Moslems they so hate.
Do you really want to go there? In the last 114 years Kansas City has had 26 years of Republican mayors.
i cant remember if that was the same women, but several yrs ago while in kc mo for business, i tuned in the PBS station. they were showing a 1 hr pgm about prostitution in kc back in the days. it was in the form of an interview. some guy was interviewing the madame [an actress dressed in 1890s clothes] about all aspects of the business. she had started w/ nothing and wound up w/ one of THE largest brothels in kansas city. very interesting program.

after the pgm was over, they interviewed the actress - she said she had never heard of the madame before and was very glad she got to play the part.

the best part of the show - the interview took place inside a kc public library!! with about 15-20 folks as the audience.
I don't miss all the strip bars blowing up....... legs blew up ? 4 times... shadows a few etc....... glad the did it after I left.....

would of be bad explaning why I was at the hospital to the wife......
Do you really want to go there? In the last 114 years Kansas City has had 26 years of Republican mayors. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Oh, sure, I'll go there...but it's the last 10 years and the whole party that hold more interest. Hmmm, now let me see, where did I lay that strip club? Oh, there it is, right next to that Bill of Rights lining the cat box. Let's see, perhaps I could read the Patriot Act while waiting for the secret courts it creates to explain how you keep people imprisoned indefinitely.
i cant remember if that was the same women, but several yrs ago while in kc mo for business, i tuned in the PBS station. they were showing a 1 hr pgm about prostitution in kc back in the days. it was in the form of an interview. some guy was interviewing the madame [an actress dressed in 1890s clothes] about all aspects of the business. she had started w/ nothing and wound up w/ one of THE largest brothels in kansas city. very interesting program.

after the pgm was over, they interviewed the actress - she said she had never heard of the madame before and was very glad she got to play the part.

the best part of the show - the interview took place inside a kc public library!! with about 15-20 folks as the audience. Originally Posted by pmdelites
Yes, that was her. They used to do that once in a while down at the library. Last one I saw was about a black man who born a slave but helped found the American Royal. Damn if I can remember his name now.
Oh, sure, I'll go there...but it's the last 10 years and the whole party that hold more interest. Hmmm, now let me see, where did I lay that strip club? Oh, there it is, right next to that Bill of Rights lining the cat box. Let's see, perhaps I could read the Patriot Act while waiting for the secret courts it creates to explain how you keep people imprisoned indefinitely. Originally Posted by bartipero

Sigh....in the last 83 years there has been only one, ONE, republican mayor.
I believe that show is still on KCPT. It's called Meet The Past and it's hosted by Crosby Kemper III. Not sure how often it's broadcast.
Not sure if you guys are aware but city politics in KCMO is non-partisan. We elect neither a republican or democrat as mayor or as a city councilperson.
I believe that show is still on KCPT. It's called Meet The Past and it's hosted by Crosby Kemper III. Not sure how often it's broadcast. Originally Posted by Adeptus32

A lot of the Meet the Past videos are on YouTube, including the one on Annie Chambers.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=p...01A260E087554D
Right....its non partisan.... explain why in 2008 that every single member of the city council went to the democratic convention in Denver save for the Mayor and he had personal reasons for not going.
A lot of the Meet the Past videos are on YouTube, including the one on Annie Chambers.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=p...01A260E087554D Originally Posted by mojoworkin
mojo, that's the show i saw when i was in kc.
thx for the searching and finding.