Lets ban Gone with the Wind...

A New York movie reviewer has now said that it is time to put that movie into a concrete casket and throw it into the ocean because it is soooooo evil. This is where the left always goes. First demonize, ridicule, limit, and then ban. Orwell was right again. He mentions Birth of a Nation but that has already been put into a coma by the left so it's okay to let it live.

How about leaving the movie alone and using it as an example of fine film making that defined a certain era in Hollywood. It was made by Hollywood people and not those racist bastards from the south. So I guess it condemns Hollywood values and maybe that is why it has to be hidden away.

What's next? Lets go back to all those comedies like the Three Stooges with big eyed black people and through digital magic replace all those servile, contemptuous characterizations with Denzel Washington.

We can even replace Cleavon Little in Blazing Saddles with Samuel L. Jackson. I can see Jackson saying fuck you to the Governor LePetimaine.
  • WTF
  • 06-24-2015, 04:45 PM
You better hope they do not ban gay stupid post!

You better hope they do not ban gay stupid post!

. Originally Posted by WTF
I think what JD is getting at is "where does it stop", ban this ban that, this is racist, this is offensive, really isn't all of this just a scapegoat. Both the left and the right always look for something to blame when this shit happens. The flag did not have anything to do with what this idiot did, more than likely it is the lack of education and parental involvement in this kids upbringing. Someone had to teach him this hate, the flag didn't do it. By focusing our attention on this flag we never see the real problem and will never be able to more forward. Its always easier to blame someone or something than to look into ourselves for the problem.
Shame Roof wasn't holding the rainbow flag, right?
Look how racist Bugs Bunny was at one time, Oh my. They say racism is learned. I wonder how many baby boomers learned it from a cartoon.

Jim

https://youtu.be/iMZfCar-Ks8
Cartoons were the most violent things on TV..........
Wow, this confederate battle flag thing has scrambled your brains. What is it? You feel like you just have to post something up in response? No matter how incredibly fucking stupid it is? And how it has no relation or application to the issue at hand?

A New York movie reviewer has now said that it is time to put that movie into a concrete casket and throw it into the ocean because it is soooooo evil. This is where the left always goes. First demonize, ridicule, limit, and then ban. Orwell was right again. He mentions Birth of a Nation but that has already been put into a coma by the left so it's okay to let it live.

How about leaving the movie alone and using it as an example of fine film making that defined a certain era in Hollywood. It was made by Hollywood people and not those racist bastards from the south. So I guess it condemns Hollywood values and maybe that is why it has to be hidden away.

What's next? Lets go back to all those comedies like the Three Stooges with big eyed black people and through digital magic replace all those servile, contemptuous characterizations with Denzel Washington.

We can even replace Cleavon Little in Blazing Saddles with Samuel L. Jackson. I can see Jackson saying fuck you to the Governor LePetimaine. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
  • shanm
  • 06-24-2015, 07:03 PM
I think what JD is getting at is "where does it stop", ban this ban that, this is racist, this is offensive, really isn't all of this just a scapegoat. Both the left and the right always look for something to blame when this shit happens. The flag did not have anything to do with what this idiot did, more than likely it is the lack of education and parental involvement in this kids upbringing. Someone had to teach him this hate, the flag didn't do it. By focusing our attention on this flag we never see the real problem and will never be able to more forward. Its always easier to blame someone or something than to look into ourselves for the problem. Originally Posted by dirty dog
I agree with what you said. However, I still feel the confederate flag should be the exception that does get "banned".

And by "banned" I simply mean don't use it as a statehouse flag or any other flag representing governmental authority.
  • WTF
  • 06-24-2015, 07:08 PM
I agree with what you said. However, I still feel the confederate flag should be the exception that does get "banned".

And by "banned" I simply mean don't use it as a statehouse flag or any other flag representing governmental authority. Originally Posted by shanm
Agree...long overdue imho.

It should not be tied to this tragedy but it seems to be. No different than Bush going after Saddam after 9/11. Each side will exploit tragedy into opportunity.
Do you think you will ever see a re-run of this Saturday Night Live skit...I can't find the video, but here is thr transcript. Garret Morris is the chief offender.

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/78/78nwomen.phtml
  • 5T3V3
  • 06-25-2015, 07:06 AM
foolish idea - there are printed copies of "Gone with the wind" everywhere perhaps it is time to have a book burning? Who sounds like a fascist now?
  • WTF
  • 06-25-2015, 07:10 AM
foolish idea - there are printed copies of "Gone with the wind" everywhere perhaps it is time to have a book burning? Who sounds like a fascist now? Originally Posted by 5T3V3
Our Dixie Chick haters love a good book burning!
Maybe they should ban the fucking Bible, eh JDIdiot? Or make Jesus a white guy.

You are really upset about this Rebel Flag thing, aren't you JDALky?
  • shanm
  • 06-25-2015, 08:59 AM
Maybe they should ban the fucking Bible, eh JDIdiot? Or make Jesus a white guy.

You are really upset about this Rebel Flag thing, aren't you JDALky? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Of course he is. He has nothing to display on the back of his late model honda anymore.
While we're at it.... lets ban undercunt.