Fox fires Bob Beckel

I wish the poor guy well.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/fox...ent=2015-06-25

Fox News Just Made A Sad Announcement About One Of Its Most Polarizing Figures

foxnews.com
Beckel worked as a deputy assistant secretary of State during the Carter administration and was the campaign manager for Walter Mondale’s 1984 presidential bid against Ronald Reagan.

Fox News announced Thursday that they have parted ways with Bob Beckel, a co-host of the popular roundtable program The Five who made appearances on other shows.
The news was first reported by Mediaite, who pointed out that Beckel had not been on the air since February 16. After the mystery of his disappearance escalated, Fox News announced the liberal stalwart underwent back surgery and then entered therapy for addiction to prescription pain medication shortly thereafter.

Beckel’s departure was initially reported as “amicable.” But later in the day, Fox News executive vice president of programming Bill Shine told Politico otherwise:
We tried to work with Bob for months, but we couldn’t hold The Five hostage to one man’s personal issues. He took tremendous advantage of our generosity, empathy and goodwill and we simply came to the end of the road with him.
He will be replaced for the foreseeable future by Juan Williams and Geraldo Rivera on a rotating basis.
I wish the poor guy well.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/fox...ent=2015-06-25

Fox News Just Made A Sad Announcement About One Of Its Most Polarizing Figures

foxnews.com
Beckel worked as a deputy assistant secretary of State during the Carter administration and was the campaign manager for Walter Mondale’s 1984 presidential bid against Ronald Reagan.

Fox News announced Thursday that they have parted ways with Bob Beckel, a co-host of the popular roundtable program The Five who made appearances on other shows.
The news was first reported by Mediaite, who pointed out that Beckel had not been on the air since February 16. After the mystery of his disappearance escalated, Fox News announced the liberal stalwart underwent back surgery and then entered therapy for addiction to prescription pain medication shortly thereafter.

Beckel’s departure was initially reported as “amicable.” But later in the day, Fox News executive vice president of programming Bill Shine told Politico otherwise:
We tried to work with Bob for months, but we couldn’t hold The Five hostage to one man’s personal issues. He took tremendous advantage of our generosity, empathy and goodwill and we simply came to the end of the road with him.
He will be replaced for the foreseeable future by Juan Williams and Geraldo Rivera on a rotating basis. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
I like Beckel. No doubt, he has some serious demons, mainly in the substance abuse area.

I am a big fan of the "Five", it won't be the same without him. I just hope he does'nt land on MSNBC.
I like Beckel. No doubt, he has some serious demons, mainly in the substance abuse area.

I am a big fan of the "Five", it won't be the same without him. I just hope he does'nt land on MSNBC. Originally Posted by Jackie S
I kind of liked him too. He was one of my favorite Bozo lefties.

Now that MSNBC has Brian Williams to bolster their credibility, Beckal could Co-anchor.
My kind of Democrat.....................p ro life, anti Islamic, admitted to the failures of the Great Society, and a skeptic of big government.
  • WTF
  • 06-26-2015, 07:02 AM
First Palin and now Beckel!
  • Seedy
  • 06-26-2015, 07:15 AM
He has a likeable personality, I wish him well.
First Palin and now Beckel! Originally Posted by WTF
No. Beckel was fired.

Fool.
I don't even know who that is. But it's axing season at Fox. Must be trying to solidify its base for the upcoming idiot season.
I don't even know who that is. But it's axing season at Fox. Must be trying to solidify its base for the upcoming idiot season. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I'm surprised you even know who Palin is....Fool.
I think that tells us everything we need to know about the lefties here.

Beckel was a rare one, an honest liberal who told you exactly where he stood.
Who?
  • shanm
  • 06-26-2015, 09:08 AM
He was a fucking crackpot. No doubt, the only reason they hired him was to show their viewers that "hey! Liberals can be crazy too!".

Sort of like a liberal counter-weight to Hannity.
He was a fucking crackpot. No doubt, the only reason they hired him was to show their viewers that "hey! Liberals can be crazy too!".

Sort of like a liberal counter-weight to Hannity. Originally Posted by shanm
See?....Fair and Balanced.
A decent human being and I wish him well. He'll eventually grow up and realize he was wrong all along.
A decent human being and I wish him well. He'll eventually grow up and realize he was wrong all along. Originally Posted by Zhivago52

If he ends up thinking he was wrong, he loses "decent human being" status.....