Is this outing?

Earlier tonight, I received a group text from an Eccie scammer/provider. The message was sent to 7 numbers, all of which were visible in the text. Now 6 other people (johns I'm guessing/hoping) have my hobby number.

Obviously I have to ditch that number now, but what really concerned me is that the provider never responded to anybody asking who she was. Perhaps her phone fell into the wrong hands? My last session with her was a disaster, and she would know better than to contact me again.

Is this something I or us as a community should be concerned about?
Why would you post the question and not who she is?
Not outing, you don't know any names and neither do they.

(555) 555-1212

Oooops did I just out someone?
Why would you post the question and not who she is? Originally Posted by Treetop78759
Because there are detective douchebags (like you) out there that could play connect the dots. I don't know who any number was other than the provider.
Not outing, you don't know any names and neither do they.

(555) 555-1212

Oooops did I just out someone? Originally Posted by rockerrick
Phone numbers always have to be masked, even in alerts. Including me in communication with 6 unknowns is unsettling at the least.
That's because they are being attached to a handle of an Eccie member.
There are no names in your scenario.

And that's not exactly true, plenty of full phone numbers posted on bp rip offs.
For example:
https://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=211054&highlight=

I posted full number, and two aliases of a theiving whore!
But she's not an Eccie member, and you don't know if any of those other numbers are members.
Regardless if it's outing based on the guidelines, it's fucked up. There's no reason this bitch should be contacting me, let alone giving my number to strangers.
You are not getting it... No names attached to the numbers, it's not outing!

Only outing that has occurred is you just outed yourself to those other numbers if they are Eccie members who read coed.
Earlier tonight, I received a group text from an Eccie scammer/provider. The message was sent to 7 numbers, all of which were visible in the text. Now 6 other people (johns I'm guessing/hoping) have my hobby number.

Obviously I have to ditch that number now, but what really concerned me is that the provider never responded to anybody asking who she was. Perhaps her phone fell into the wrong hands? My last session with her was a disaster, and she would know better than to contact me again.

Is this something I or us as a community should be concerned about? Originally Posted by iSeekGreek
Why would you post the question and not who she is? Originally Posted by Treetop78759
More importantly..... Why are you having bad sessions with whores and not sharing the information so that others can avoid the bitch that fucked up your moment.
More importantly..... Why are you having bad sessions with whores and not sharing the information so that others can avoid the bitch that fucked up your moment. Originally Posted by Whispers
Now that's a solid question.
Only outing that has occurred is you just outed yourself to those other numbers if they are Eccie members who read coed. Originally Posted by rockerrick
Agreed. Time to ditch this handle.
More importantly..... Why are you having bad sessions with whores and not sharing the information so that others can avoid the bitch that fucked up your moment. Originally Posted by Whispers
Odd coming from someone with 18,000 posts whose last review was in 2013.

I don't write reviews. Never have, never will. When someone else posts something about a shitty experience and I can provide corroborating evidence, I always chime in.
Theoretically, yes, you've been outed. just as any exposure of any email address or any phone number is technically a security risk to your identity. You can skip your hobby phone into Lady Bird Lake to reduce the risk to 1%. In fact, we should all skip the hobby phone once a year or so and get a new one to reduce risk.

I've gotten those group texts perhaps twice a year over the last few years, and just delete them. These were come-on ads promising EZ credit and low-low down for all your sweating needs, etc. They were addressed to a combination of handles and numbers, but I've never recognized any handles in my pre-delete glances and the numbers were from all over the country. They may include handles from P411, Backpage, etc. Here are possibilities I've considered:

1. The new pimp is trying to show baby girl how it's done, grabbed her phone and lit it up like a solar flare to all addressees.

2. The phone is a hand-me-down to another provider who's trying to jump-start her business by texting all the guys in the "Johns" address folder.

3. The original owner is trying to drum up business, and there is no connection in her mind between the disaster and just another of her many phone numbers. (Answer is usually C when you don't know at all.)
It is a violaton of the present phone masking requirements for whores.
stuff you said Originally Posted by TravelingTex
Turns out it was option 4. Provider 'accidentally' made it a group text. She apologized and said she would lose my number like she should have already.