1st time Austin ,areas to stay ?

Hello! I am making my way to you this week ! I was wondering if anyone can PM me with the easiest areas to stay + Play ! Looking forward to coming your way XOXO Tat
I'd recommend you talk to some of the more reputable providers for places to stay and what they see as desireable by the hobbiest. Good luck in Austin....

This thread has a good list of those that at least return references that may be worth contacting... http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=27770
Arboretum area is always a good choice. Make sure you stay in Travis County and the North side of Austin is usually preferable................or just stay at my place
  • Carl
  • 03-14-2010, 05:39 PM
Though your tour thru Austin comes in the middle of SXSW and all the close in primo rooms are likely loooooong gone. Most of the leftovers in Travis County/Austin aren't going to be especially appealing. You'll probably find some nice vacanies in adjacent Williamson or Hays Counties, but the old-school morally uptight nature of those counties makes it imperative to draw no attention to yourself. LE in those counties is a little assholish. Especially Wiliamson. It's not THAT bad, just don't draw attention to yourself with behavior or ads on some of the cheesier on-line ad venues.
Welcome to Austin...the Arboretum area like Brad said is a great choice if they have any roomsopen...

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or need a ref....
Arboretum is where I always stayed....have fun!!
I posted in the Dallas infoshare about my place being available this week to a traveling gal. Nobody has taken me up on it yet, so let me know if you still need a place.
I have a vacant house available, and it's central, in a safe area. But, as I said, it's vacant (just repainted) and has no furniture so you'd have to arrange something about that. PM me if interested.
Thanks so much everyone ! I did find a nice spot in N.Austin ! XOXO
Thanks so much everyone ! I did find a nice spot in N.Austin ! XOXO Originally Posted by AmericanGeisha
Just be very careful if it's in Williamson County. Be careful anyway of course, but especially if you're in Wilco.

-Sophia