New Orleans hotel suggestions

Tried a search for this but no luck, so seeking help.

Looking for recommendations for good hotel, close to Quarter or in Garden District . . . Looking for something a little different, but clean, convenient, safe parking . . . A place you'd stay if you were visiting for a few days . . .

Hobby safe not an issue cuz it won't be happening there, this visit at least . . . (S.O. along *L*)

Thanks
In the quarter, Royal Sonesta without question. Its on Bourbon, has a good pool area and interior courtyard and in the middle of everything there. Ritz Carlton, 1 block off Bourbon.

Just outside the quarter, on the river at the end of canal street, The Westin Canal Place. Great views of the river across the street from Harrahs.

Poydras Street, Loews and W hotels, great rooms and staff.

Garden district, you're on your own. Not enouogh excitement for me, but some nice places there, I hear.
http://bookit.com/

also this hotel is in lower garden district...close to streetcar
http://www.theparisiancourtyardinn.com/
In the quarter, Royal Sonesta without question. Its on Bourbon, has a good pool area and interior courtyard and in the middle of everything there. Ritz Carlton, 1 block off Bourbon.

Just outside the quarter, on the river at the end of canal street, The Westin Canal Place. Great views of the river across the street from Harrahs.

Poydras Street, Loews and W hotels, great rooms and staff.

Garden district, you're on your own. Not enouogh excitement for me, but some nice places there, I hear. Originally Posted by havinfuntwo
All of the above and I would toss in Le Pavillion on Poydras few blocks from FQ and Monteleone in the FQ always great service at both.
I love the Hotel Monteleone one street back from bourbon in the quarter, it is on the same street as all the artsy stuff and it has a rotating bar in it. Stayed there many a time and last visit was after Katrina, 2 years ago so it still holds to high standards.
Thanks, everyone, for the informed info . . . appreciate it . . .
have fun!!!
Thanks! Always do . . . in the City that Time Forgot . . .
Any intel on the Maison Dupuy, couple blocks off Bourbon in the Quarter?
look at istopover and AirBNB. Some good looking places available on those sites.
thanks again, all . . .
I've stayed at the Maison before. Was a very nice hotel.
Maison Dupuy is definitely NOT safe for hobbying.
Still nice to stay at though.
Ditto too close rampart. Hotel st marie where im at right now is great
yes ash babe...that is a very cool room ya got!!!!!