Two Day Poll: How Will SCOTUS Rule On Obamacare?

The big decision is expected Thursday. I can't believe that SCOTUS can ignore the clear reading of the statute, and Obamacare goes down. But their weakness to be liked and invited to nice parties have ruled the day before, so who knows?

This is just a straw poll. Answer below.
Even if the Supreme's rule against the Obama Administration, the Republican Party loses.

Their only health care plan is to repeal Obamacare. Other than that, there is no Republican health care plan. All that is in place is a STOP sign, with no path going forward and no way to turn around.

What is the Republican Party's back-up plan for the millions of Americans who would suddenly be without health insurance?

Yep, you guessed it! Nothing!

They have had 5 years to prepare for this day. Yet nothing is currently in place!

All talk and no action!

From Politicio:

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...1#.VYkww3A8KrU
Will rule against, millions out of insurance, costs will really go up.
Even if the Supreme's rule against the Obama Administration, the Republican Party loses.

Their only health care plan is to repeal Obamacare. Other than that, there is no Republican health care plan. All that is in place is a STOP sign, with no path going forward and no way to turn around.

What is the Republican Party's back-up plan for the millions of Americans who would suddenly be without health insurance?

Yep, you guessed it! Nothing!

They have had 5 years to prepare for this day. Yet nothing is currently in place!

All talk and no action!

From Politicio:

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...1#.VYkww3A8KrU Originally Posted by bigtex

It was your guys who created this mess.
Will rule against, millions out of insurance, costs will really go up. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
... against what?

The same millions who didn't have it before .... status quo ....

... now they can apply for government assistance directly.
It was your guys who created this mess. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
Harry, Obaminable, Gruber, and Nancy* ... The Guys.

*She'll pass.

As for the "lack" of legislative action regarding the ACA:

"Congress remains deeply divided over implementation of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA), the health reform law enacted in March 2010.1 Since the ACA’s enactment, lawmakers opposed to specific provisions in the ACA or the entire law have repeatedly debated its implementation and considered bills to repeal, defund, delay, or otherwise amend the law.To date, most of this legislative activity has taken place in the House, which reverted to Republican control in 2011. Over the past four years, the Republican-led House has passed numerous ACA related bills, including legislation that would repeal the entire law. But there has been far less debate in the Senate, which remained under Democratic control through 2014. Most of the ACA legislation that passed the House during this period was not considered in the Senate. However, a few bills to amend specific elements of the ACA that attracted sufficiently broad and bipartisan support were approved by both the House and the Senate and signed into law. Now that Republicans control both chambers of Congress, opponents of the ACA see new opportunities to pass and send to the President legislation that would change the law."

https://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R43289.pdf
They will rule in favor of the status quo..............I have no doubt that the GOP leadership has back channeled the SCOTUS their desire to keep Obamacare intact...
... against what?

The same millions who didn't have it before .... status quo ....

... now they can apply for government assistance directly. Originally Posted by LexusLover
My god lexie if you could read, then these stupid questions would be avoided. check the OP my little stalker.
It was your guys who created this mess. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
Typically assbackwards statement. This mess was a result of an attempt to clean up the mess you folks have been propagating for decades.
[SIZE="3"]My god lexie if you could read, .... Originally Posted by i'va biggen

If you could write with clarity, it would be easy to read. You seem to be falling into a pattern of vagueness, which gives you an opportunity for hedging ...

... like the All-Time Hedging Champion .... BigTits.....

....He even scribbles questions with sufficient vagueness to be objectionable.
Typically assbackwards statement. This mess was a result of an attempt to clean up the mess you folks have been propagating for decades. Originally Posted by timpage
Medicaid?
They will rule in favor of the status quo..............I have no doubt that the GOP leadership has back channeled the SCOTUS their desire to keep Obamacare intact... Originally Posted by Whirlaway

And, you think the SCOTUS gives a rat's ass? About what Obama or the GOP want?

I have no idea what they are going to do....my guess is it goes down based on a plain reading of the language. But, invalidating the legislation creates a huge mess, puts 10,000,000 people back on the dole in terms of healthcare and could have other huge implications. The SCOTUS is not above issuing a result-oriented opinion but who knows?

Legally, the legislation is faulty. What could be truly interesting is what the republican position will be if congress tries to fix the problematic "state" language. That will truly put their tits in a wringer. And, it is absolutely correct that they stupidly, almost unbelievably, have no backup plan, no alternative, no nothing....just back to the healthcare status quo which will get worse and worse.

I have no idea what they are going to do....my guess is it goes down based on a plain reading of the language. But, invalidating the legislation creates a huge mess, puts 10,000,000 people back on the dole in terms of healthcare and could have other huge implications. The SCOTUS is not above issuing a result-oriented opinion but who knows?

Legally, the legislation is faulty. What could be truly interesting is what the republican position will be if congress tries to fix the problematic "state" language. That will truly put their tits in a wringer. And, it is absolutely correct that they stupidly, almost unbelievably, have no backup plan, no alternative, no nothing....just back to the healthcare status quo which will get worse and worse. Originally Posted by timpage

They are currently on the dole in terms of healthcare. They get taxpayer money to help pay for their insurance.
As individual members of the court they have their political outlook and objectives that they will impose on us. The constitution/legal arguments are their intellectual cover.

It is funny you would think that the members aren't biased with respect to this.

And I have no doubt you are so naive as to think that public (and private) opinions do not matter to these judges. You can bank on it that Obama has tried to influence their decision making (publicly and privately)...why wouldn't GOP leadership?

. Originally Posted by timpage
As individual members of the court they have their political outlook and objectives that they will impose on us. The constitution/legal arguments are their intellectual cover.

It is funny you would think that the members aren't biased with respect to this.
Originally Posted by Whirlaway
The issue you raised is not what you posted above, which all seems plausible and reasonable, but it is you believing there is direct contact between members of Congress and the individual Justices regarding a specific case (or even a specific issue that might be brought up in deciding a case). Judge's don't live in a vacuum ... and for the most part, whether appointed or elected, have at least a "feel" about what is happening on the street.