ACA upheld

Obama wins.
Americans win.
justice and common sense wins
You forgot to mention where Obama was wrong (as the knife is being twisted and the 40 hour week is a thing of history), the Supremes said that they did have a standing whereas Obama was saying just last week that they didn't. Admit it, Obama is not much of a scholar when it comes to the Constitution but he is lucky that he has something on John Roberts.
Americans win. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
South Americans, Central Americans, and North Americans.

U.S. taxpayers lose.

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?...post1056869941

"As for the question COG asked I don't know: Roberts' first opinion on ACA was not "strict" construction, but interpretation of meaning to save the constitutionality, which is a departure from his label as a strict constructionist, AND could indicate how he might go with the literal language of the statute ... construe the "real" meaning to save the law. Justices seem to stray from their initial character upon which they were approved at times, and Roberts seems no exception."

Ambiguous = construing it as they believe it to mean.

I'm surprised by Roberts writing the opinion, but not his result.
  • WTF
  • 06-25-2015, 08:43 AM
You forgot to mention where Obama was wrong (as the knife is being twisted and the 40 hour week is a thing of history), the Supremes said that they did have a standing whereas Obama was saying just last week that they didn't. Admit it, Obama is not much of a scholar when it comes to the Constitution but he is lucky that he has something on John Roberts. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Jesus JD, many SC decisions are 5-4, 6-3 ....your fucked up logic is that the losing side knows nothing about the Constitution. I would like to buy you a beer just to see if you would share it with COG or just piss in his mouth
Of course the truth is that Obamacare has done great damage to our economy and it only really goes into effect next year. So we'll see what song you're singing a year from now Libtards. May I suggest, They're Coming to Take Me Away.

Good thing the Supremes decided this just like they did slavery in Dredd Scott, equal protection, school segregation, eugenic sterilizations, the Japanese internment, eaves dropping on phone calls without warrants in World War I, Habeous Corpus in the Civil War, and so many other things that we needed decided.
  • WTF
  • 06-25-2015, 08:48 AM
South Americans, Central Americans, and North Americans.

U.S. taxpayers lose.

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?...post1056869941

I'm surprised by Roberts writing the opinion, but not his result. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Yet you did not offer up an opinion as to wtf the result would be so you could say the exact say thing, no matter the result. So with this hindsight bullshit. You only get to talk about a bet is you bet.
Obama wins. Originally Posted by timpage
The country loses.
Yet you did not offer up an opinion .... Originally Posted by WTF
I did offer an opinion ... Just not the one you wanted.

There is a difference, little boy.

Munch on this quote, little boy:

"The Affordable Care Act adopts a version of the three key reforms that made the Massachusetts system successful." Roberts. 2015.
  • shanm
  • 06-25-2015, 08:55 AM
I think it's time for these emojis:

• WTF
  • 06-25-2015, 09:26 AM
I did offer an opinion ... Just not the one you wanted.

There is a difference, little boy.
. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Old man...the question was How do you think the Court will rule.

You said you did not know which is obvious, none knew. That was not the question but you are an expert at dodging questions.
The status quo wins; GOP leadership got what they wanted and Obama got what he wanted....win-win for the power elites.

Let's not forget that big pharma and the medical insurance industry are a cash machine after Obamacare.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/brucejap...acare-rollout/

In the meantime, middle class America gets higher premiums, higher deductibles, higher co-pays......the opposite of what Obama and the Democrats promised !
Right. It wasn't the republicans who tried to repeal the ACA dozens of times. It wasn't the conservative zombies on here who crowed about getting it repealed when the GOP took back the senate.

It's not a "win" for the republicans.....it's a bitch-slap. We win. You lose. Get over it.

The status quo wins; GOP leadership got what they wanted and Obama got what he wanted....win-win for the power elites.

Let's not forget that big pharma and the medical insurance industry are a cash machine after Obamacare.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/brucejap...acare-rollout/

In the meantime, middle class America gets higher premiums, higher deductibles, higher co-pays......the opposite of what Obama and the Democrats promised ! Originally Posted by Whirlaway
The only reason that the ACA was upheld is because the healthcare system was in disarray and if you look closely it still is, but we will still call the ACA adequate reform. If the ACA wasn't upheld we would have to go back to the drawing board on Healthcare reform and nobody wants to do that. Republicans really don't know how to go about improving the Healthcare system, and Democrats don't either but the ACA is their trophy they can put on display. Nothing more.

Jim