What is the best beer ever in your opinion?

I drink Shiner and Corona. What is your favorite pick?
  • GNG
  • 08-20-2012, 01:54 PM
Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse Dunkel with a lemon wedge.
  • hd
  • 08-20-2012, 02:05 PM
One of each pleeeeze
I'm partial to San Miguel Beer. Just hard to get the real stuff vs the cheap Cali version.
  • Gucci
  • 08-20-2012, 02:11 PM
Sam Adams utopia line, they are banned in about ten states, but if you can get your hands on a case it'll cost you, but they are great !
Fat Tire and Blue Moon. Colorado makes some of the best beer ever!

oh and any kind of apple beer
I'm going to try the samuel Adams beer, I hear good things about them a lot. And by the way I liked the picture of the barmaid that Cumalot posted, lol ; )
Blue Moon is by far the best that is readily available. But only on tap.

And Gucci, just to make you a little jealous, I own a bar but don't sell the Utopia Line as it isn't available for sell in this part of Texas. But my distributor gets a few sample cases every so often and slides me a case evry so often. Really good but way overpriced.
In my local Kroger, I see Sam Adams beer available. I will pick some up after work today.
Dixie...
Samuel Adams, Shiner are both good.

My preference is cold beer.

There was another beer up there with Samuel Adams, can't remember the name of it right now.

I would say the version of Samuel Adams that is banned is not a regular beer that a guy would typically buy & drink. Definitely not something Samuel Adams himself would have bought.

I typically go with Shiner to support the state brewery, with Samuel Adams a close second when offered. When there is a limited selection, I just stick with Coors. Better taste to me than the Buds and Miller of the world.

Any beer that requires salt, lime, etc. with it to make it palatable ain't worth drinking.
Chimay. Or a Negro Modela. I don't drink anymore and always preferred a red wine.

But when it's hot outside and a topic like this comes up, sometimes I really miss drinking a cold Budweiser from a bottle, too!!!

There are so many wonderful beers on the market now that it's probably a tough choice.

Shiner Bock and Rolling Rock were my favs from my younger days!!!
Becks and XX are good for beeritas!
Andygator made here in LA (that's Louisiana, not that city in CA) by Abita. Nuthin' better than an ice cold Andygator on a hot humid day! I also like many of the bocks/ambers such as Shiner (made in Shiner, TX), Abita amber, Dos Equis amber, Ziegenbock amber (I think this is made near Houston), Fat Tire, and, as a last resort, Amberbock. Southern Pecan by Lazy Magnolia Brewing in Mississippi (I just like saying M I S S I S S I P P I as I type it) is a unique beer I'm fond of.