Password change

When logging in recently, I got a prompt requiring me to change my password. I have never had this happen since joining in 2010. Have any other members experienced this? I asked a mod about it, he said it was news to him.
I also got it yesterday. It said that my password hadn't been changed for 832 days! and that i needed to change it.
I got the same message and made the change. This was a first since I've been with ECCIE.
I had the same problem yesterday.
Me as well, yesterday. Looks like somebody at HQ made a programming change.
I got it as well
I also had it.

Charlie
  • KCboy
  • 01-26-2013, 10:38 AM
Yes me too was it only for longtime members?
Yes me too was it only for longtime members? Originally Posted by KCboy
I don't think so, I had to change as well after 260 days.
Thanks Pilsen
My Flightmedic user name and e-mail was hacked about 6 to 8 months ago. That is why I had to change my user handle on here. I was getting call's from people I didn't know. They were stating that I was posting information about them on BP and CL. I had no idea what was going on. They were threatening me; so I called the police to find out what I should do. I closed my e-mail account in front of the officers. I had to notify yahoo what happened. They took down the phone numbers of the people that called me. the officers called the people to inform them I was not posting this information. I never heard anything after that night. I have learned my lesson about off the wall messages. I confirm all e-mail messages before I do anything.
Great catch you guys and letting everyone know.
mine said almose the same thing but i was over 1000 days..... i reupped the same password and it took it so my new one is my old one... worked
Yep, had to change mine also. It's not comforting to know it happened on this wide of scale. This leads me to wonder if a security event occurred forcing this to happen.
I got the same message and my password is 500 some days old.