The Provider as Actor?

Over the years, I've realized that providers are great actors, or at least the good ones are. I've arrived using slightly different personas, and they size me up and play the appropriate role. If I'm happy and talkative, they are, too. If I'm quiet, they play the quiet, helpful role. If I speak like an English teacher, they put on their best lady role, but if i speak coarsely, they do too.

Is this just something that comes naturally, or do providers give thought to this? Either way, it's very effective in building rapport with customers.

(Of course, this doesn't much apply to AMPs, where conversation is often difficult, but they try, anyway.)

I'm curious what providers have to say.
I don't know I'd go as far to say every provider is an actress. We are people pleasers. Good providers are personable and know that you don't act like a drunk teenage bimbo for a client who is a business man. Just as you won't act like a upscale lady for a young college guy. However the same goes in day to day life. You don't go to a upscale restaurant and act like you are in Hooters on game night. Doesn't mean you are an actor means you know when it's appropriate to act a certain way with certain people.
I don't know I'd go as far to say every provider is an actress. We are people pleasers. Good providers are personable and know that you don't act like a drunk teenage bimbo for a client who is a business man. Just as you won't act like a upscale lady for a young college guy. However the same goes in day to day life. You don't go to a upscale restaurant and act like you are in Hooters on game night. Doesn't mean you are an actor means you know when it's appropriate to act a certain way with certain people. Originally Posted by Tequila Rose
Very nicely done!
A good provider is a chameleon and adjusts her color as needed.
Isn't that called mirroring? It isn't about acting it's about being a good listener and responding to someone's energy, mood, and needs.
I don't do the whole fake act... Life is to short.. Instead I tend to be more go with the flow and respond off the vibes you are given me.. Im like that in real life as well
A good provider is a chameleon and adjusts her color as needed. Originally Posted by Claire She Blows
+1
It has less to do with provider-status than it does person-status. We all act differently in different situations (bar vs. church for example). And who's to say the provider is acting differently based on your persona? Maybe that's just how she acts. Or, maybe you're picking up on subtle cues from her and you are the one modifying your behavior. Too many holes in your theory.
Their women!
Thanks to the providers for the feedback.

By acting, I didn't mean that I saw it as "fake," it's just that providers are so good at being who we want them to be. It's a talent.
this is why its called a TRICK!
this is why its called a TRICK! Originally Posted by RALPHEY BOY
That comes with a TREAT
We get plenty of chances to become better listeners. The best providers are empathetic. Personally, I go along with your pace; unless I decide take over. If I can't get a physical reading, believe me, I will ask you. I will also make sure you make my naughty places nice n tingly.
I don't book when I'm not horny. I don't act unless roleplay is requested.
Then, "the award goes to....me." I like to get off, too.
Wait you mean she may have been acting when she had so many orgasms or when she said I was the best ever. Hey they can act all they want.

Sam
It has less to do with provider-status than it does person-status. We all act differently in different situations (bar vs. church for example). Originally Posted by biggestbubba
+1