Last Minute Collection for Bastrop Fires. Today 12-1:30!

Goodmorning all!

As you may know the Bastrop fires have spread through out the night and people are being evacuated and placed in shelters.

That being said I will be collecting donations at a local restaurant near north 183 from 12-1:30. I will have to screen you before giving you my location. If you have my number text me.

I am not asking for any monetary donations. I am asking for supplies listed on the news that the firefighting volunteers can use or toiletries for those in the shelters.

As listed in the news:
items that will help clean up after fighting fires and get soot off your body
travel toothpaste
toothbrushes
soap
shampoo
baby wipes
deodorant
mouthwash
hand sanitizer
eye drops
other supplies for fire fighters in the field

I will load it and drop it off myself or we also have a member that lives close to the area who can take it.

This may not affect you or your family but if a natural disaster ever affects you or a loved one it would feel nice to receive love from your community. Pay it forward.

Dara Malaika

"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
I've already had one couple move in to my place until things are completely under control, and have one other possibly comiing this w/e depending on their situation.. anyone that can, should help.. it always comes back home.
Your a sweet heart Dara
  • tzv13
  • 10-16-2015, 11:12 AM
I just saw this. I'm not free until after 2.

Bravo Dara.
  • HUMP!
  • 10-16-2015, 11:25 AM
What you're doing is above-and-beyond, dear lady.
Thank you to those that stopped by to donate to the Bastrop community.
I haven't been on much lately and I'm sorry I missed this. Please call or text me if there's anything you're lacking
Its devastating. This is where my family and I live...and everyone I know. More land was lost this time, but luckily not near as many homes and lives were lost as the fires took 4 years ago
By any measure or standard,your noble gesture is at the pinnacle.

" I will have to screen you before giving you my location."

Smart girl!

You know how to run a benefit.

Others should take note........
Thank you to those that stopped by to donate to the Bastrop community. Originally Posted by Dara-Malaika
Very thoughtful and classy of you. Still anxiously awaiting your next visit to H Town