What she said

• Old-T
  • 09-11-2015, 05:11 AM
The real issue is how one defines "act like a man". For such a small word it carries so many shades of meaning.

It would be very interesting to see if there were a working definition all here could agree upon--but I doubt we would.
And the ads that say "real men to the front of the line" so what are the not real men?

IB
A "real man" as surmised from the opinions of the women I know throughout my life is a man that doesn't exhibit the stereotypical behavior of a future ex-wife.

Complaining.
Nagging.
Jealousy.
Getting your feelings hurt when you are reminded you aren't someone's reason for existing.
Whining about money.
Horrible self-esteem issues.
Violent outbursts and temper-tantrums.
Gossiping.

You get the gist.

Personally the nurturer in me enjoys the guys with low self-esteem coupled with respect for others, whenever they come my way. Making them feel great about themselves and in general is fulfilling. I only hope that those good feelings carry over to their real life.
Similar to SA's reply, but for me, if I cannot distinguish a "man's" behavior from a 2-3 year old, he's not a real man.

I'd also add, if he can't clean up after himself, take care of himself, make money for himself, he's not a real man.
A human being a person of good character Respect's others as much if not more than themselves gives there word and keeps it. Is willing to volunteer to take the short end of the stick .Defend a lady's honor .Has faith in better tomorrow. Loves his country. Is civic minded...Embraces other culture, s Is able to say sorry after beating someone's ass.
Honors those that came before them .Etc etc .

In other words he can fight- fuck -respect- support- and above all listen to those people that actually care enough to take the time to say hi.
They can tell you all day to act like a real man or man up and that's okay...but try telling her to act like a real woman and cook and clean. I bet that goes well.
The real issue is how one defines "act like a man". For such a small word it carries so many shades of meaning.

It would be very interesting to see if there were a working definition all here could agree upon--but I doubt we would. Originally Posted by Old-T
The minute some guy starts parsing the comment into an intellectual discussion, we know which side of the equation he fits into...
A human being a person of good character Respect's others as much if not more than themselves gives there word and keeps it. Is willing to volunteer to take the short end of the stick .Defend a lady's honor .Has faith in better tomorrow. Loves his country. Is civic minded...Embraces other culture, s Is able to say sorry after beating someone's ass.
Honors those that came before them .Etc etc .

In other words he can fight- fuck -respect- support- and above all listen to those people that actually care enough to take the time to say hi. Originally Posted by slickahhughs

Yes!!!
They can tell you all day to act like a real man or man up and that's okay...but try telling her to act like a real woman and cook and clean. I bet that goes well. Originally Posted by Jilted
Most everyone was talking about attitudes and behavior not actions. Now if a lady piped in with "real men can fight well, hunts, fishes, be a plumber, electrician, carpenter, and mason", then you would have a point.

If you want the idealized 1950's housewife then be an idyllic 1950's husband. Be the sole source of income, laugh off her foibles, make sure she is well turned out (clothing, hair, jewelry, etc.), support her silly charities and community involvement, and never dream of getting divorced.

Consider "good" providers. Her incall is cleaned before you arrive. She doesn't complain to you and respects your masculinity. She takes care with her appearance. She is more than happy to fetch and carry anything you want because you have been hard at work. If you request a home-cooked meal she is ecstatic to cook for you. She'll pick up after you without saying a peep.

You know why she takes such good care of you? Because you are her source of income....the same reason that 1950's housewife would.
  • Old-T
  • 09-12-2015, 12:21 AM
The minute some guy starts parsing the comment into an intellectual discussion, we know which side of the equation he fits into... Originally Posted by Bobave
And without intellectual discussion and parsing we are doomed to talk past each other with ill defined words, while wondering why we are constantly misunderstood.
Most everyone was talking about attitudes and behavior not actions. Now if a lady piped in with "real men can fight well, hunts, fishes, be a plumber, electrician, carpenter, and mason", then you would have a point.

If you want the idealized 1950's housewife then be an idyllic 1950's husband. Be the sole source of income, laugh off her foibles, make sure she is well turned out (clothing, hair, jewelry, etc.), support her silly charities and community involvement, and never dream of getting divorced.

Consider "good" providers. Her incall is cleaned before you arrive. She doesn't complain to you and respects your masculinity. She takes care with her appearance. She is more than happy to fetch and carry anything you want because you have been hard at work. If you request a home-cooked meal she is ecstatic to cook for you. She'll pick up after you without saying a peep.

You know why she takes such good care of you? Because you are her source of income....the same reason that 1950's housewife would. Originally Posted by SA Angel

I,am afraid consumer drivin capitalism is the double edged sword of the decline of family structure .

So when is a man a man ?

Axe Body spray !

You know why she takes such good care of you? Because you are her source of income....the same reason that 1950's housewife would. Originally Posted by SA Angel
Not the reaction i was going for...i guess I'm not as funny as I think I am.
I think this works well...
Attached Images File Type: jpg IMG_320042132837306.jpg (60.1 KB, 104 views)