When the Parties Switched Platforms

Can anybody explain how/when the two political parties switched platforms? I've been trying to read about it, seems pretty complicated.
Can anybody explain how/when the two political parties switched platforms? I've been trying to read about it, seems pretty complicated. Originally Posted by JackC866

Your BULLSHIT don't work here you Whoopi Goldberg looking clown

Can anybody explain how/when the two political parties switched platforms? I've been trying to read about it, seems pretty complicated. Originally Posted by JackC866
The parties never really switched platforms. The Democrats just simply changed their strategy to entice blacks to vote Democratic. There's a lot of good material out there just keep looking and reading.

Jim
"Recently I've noticed public schools throughout the country modifying their curriculum to accommodate lessons plans on dealing with the "sea changes" underway in our country that have resulted in some people who have never voted appearing to install someone in the White House who is familiar with those new currents based on his personal experiences with REAL PEOPLE and who has not contracted sea sickness from years of seeking a "safe harbor" in the Port of DC!

"I suspect community colleges within a bus trip of your Section 8 housing have included CE courses for those who are too fat to fit in the public school chairs. Show them a copy of your Section 8 authorization it might get you a "free course"!"
The Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act was when it started.

I been in Texas for about 12 years and a Hispanic customer blamed the Democrats because his parents could never go to high school as Hispanics had to go to only Hispanic high schools in the Jim Crow south. I was shocked to hear this as I am from Minnesota.
The Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act was when it started.

I been in Texas for about 12 years and a Hispanic customer blamed the Democrats because his parents could never go to high school as Hispanics had to go to only Hispanic high schools in the Jim Crow south. I was shocked to hear this as I am from Minnesota. Originally Posted by instfixer
South Texas politics where the highest concentration of Hispanic population exists is still dominated by the Democrats .... and most of them are Hispanic politicians ... Example ...

I once heard Henry Cisneros described as a "white guy in brown skin" ... because of his politics in San Antonio ... but Hispanics voted for him in droves.

They are still poor in South Texas.
^^^^ And he got busted goin' native with a white gurl.

She was rich and he still gave her money.

Ol...Henry C....destined to be Seņor Pres....but ended up a criminal.

#sad ....poor Mary Alice
^^^^ And he got busted goin' native with a white gurl. Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter
He might have skated if the press had knocked on his door early in the morning dark hours and interviewed his wife in the hot TV lights while she was holding their newborn child!!!!

The "tradition" is ... you keep your mistress separate at all times!

He would have been a shoe-in for Governor ... 1st Hispanic since "the War"! But like Gary Hart couldn't keep his pants zipped up and out of the spotlight!

When Bill Clinton originally named him as a potential HUD secretary, I almost choked! ... Two predators in a POD! I always figured Bill wanted a "running mate" with the same "tastes"! Lots of prospects in the "projects"!
yup....I remember all that. I know it closer than you might thinck.

He boombazzled the majority of Alamoville. But he never convinced me. you're spot on about being governor but he had no prayer to get 270.

I laughed my ass off too on that hud assignment.

And don't forget.....Mary Alice is Catholic.

Mr.C too
yup....I remember all that. I know it closer than you might thinck. Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter
... Not at all ... but he was no different at A&M.

Some may be closer than you think!
The parties didn't switch platforms, just more DNC revisionist history.
He might have skated if the press had knocked on his door early in the morning dark hours and interviewed his wife in the hot TV lights while she was holding their newborn child!!!!

The "tradition" is ... you keep your mistress separate at all times!

He would have been a shoe-in for Governor ... 1st Hispanic since "the War"! But like Gary Hart couldn't keep his pants zipped up and out of the spotlight!

When Bill Clinton originally named him as a potential HUD secretary, I almost choked! ... Two predators in a POD! I always figured Bill wanted a "running mate" with the same "tastes"! Lots of prospects in the "projects"! Originally Posted by LexusLover
Guess Cisneros couldn't " sell " " I did NOT..." like Slick Willy !
Guess Cisneros couldn't " sell " " I did NOT..." like Slick Willy ! Originally Posted by Rey Lengua
Not even close!

I don't recall Slick ever promising to marry anyone!
There was no switch. Of the senators and congressmen who voted against both civil rights bills, only six changed parties in later years. The rest stayed democrats. No, they just went UTR. They actually used their previous racism as proof that they had changed. "Yes, I made mistakes but I've learned to love my fellow man and the fact that I admit that I made mistakes should show that I've changed. Now those GOP guys have never changed and they've not admitted to any mistakes. They may claim to have been on the side of civil rights since the beginning but they have no proof (other than repeated votes for civil rights)."