How many sailors are lurking here?

I was just informed by biomed1 that I am going to receive 5 points for referring to someone as a "deck ape". I don't know biomed1's background but like the word "jarhead", "deck ape" is common usage among sailors. It is a given and not a specific insult like I was an engineer or as we were called "a snipe". As an electrician I was usually referred to as "a fresh air snipe". I think that biomed1 is posting in ignorance but even saying that could be an infraction today. So how many other deck apes, snipes, pecker checkers, turd chasers, zeros, goats (goat locker), twidgets, zoomies are out there?

I'm writing this because something is preventing me from writing directly to biomed1. Maybe he is pulling a Trudeau and maybe he isn't.
... You'll be able to contact him TOMORROW.
The day AFTER you get the notice... so I've heard...

Explain the situation to him - just the way you explained
it in this thread... Maybe he'll understand and take the points back.

I was a "station droob" -- working on a ... ranch? ...
Horses there, but NO camels.

#### Salty
That was me. I RTMd you. I find the term completely offensive and maybe racist. Have a nice fucking day. Also, it looks like I got promoted way beyond your rather pathetic level, and don't appreciate being insulted over my success and your lack of.

Since "salty" has never done anything military service related, no one will give fuck about his advice. Despite his capitalization of WORDS.

This RTM button is great!

Separately, I'd be grateful if you didn't' refer to me so disrespectfully in the future.
That was me. I RTMd you. I find the term completely offensive and maybe racist. Have a nice fucking day Originally Posted by TechPapi

speaking of offensive posts

Speak for yourself WackoKid. I'm happy to help you and windicksie out. From what I've seen, if MAGAts ever had an intelligent thought, it would probably die of loneliness.

But staying on topic, everyone should get vaccinated. It's the smart thing to do. Originally Posted by TechPapi
what do you think the mods will make of that?

we'll find out.

we'll find out. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
If you say so
If you say so Originally Posted by TechPapi

all the best
ECCIE Worldwide

we'll find out. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
I dunno. I'm sure they will view it as positively as you referencing to me as "preacherpapi" especially as clear as I've made it that I'm atheist.
I dunno. I'm sure they will view it as positively as you referencing to me as "preacherpapi" especially as clear as I've made it that I'm atheist. Originally Posted by TechPapi

if you say so
Ah. The subtler terms of endearment.
Wouldn't expect any trump supporter to know them since the lineage is of known draft dodgers.
But the pc feelings is for the birds.
Why I liked the movie Grand Torino. No pc but terms not said for insult purposes (mostly.)
The OP has written a lot of offensive comments in addition to the one discussed.
The OP has written a lot of offensive comments in addition to the one discussed. Originally Posted by VitaMan
if ya google the term in 1st post, its not bad

many military terms sound bad but are not
get over it
Here we go again.
Army, but my mos for 20 years was referred to as being an APE. It’s slang for A&P mechanic and nobody got pissy about it.
This isn't the military
Yeah, we’ll all be sure to mind your delicate feefees.