stds and the community

I started thinking recently, wondering how prelivant stds are. How they are viewed by the provider and customer. If a provider or guy has hpv or herpies for example are we suppose to be quiet about it, just use covers and pray for the best? Do you ladies knowing accept the risk, what about the guys? I guess what I'm trying to get at is should we be talking about it more openly or keep it quiet and be careful but pretend it's not there?
Another question that has come up is if a provider or client finds out they have an std such as hpb or herpies mentioned above, does that mean their hobby life or career is over? That they should recuse themselves?
Bottom line; the risk is always there and it would be naive to think that it will stop people on either side of the equation. Your safety is your responsibility and you have to establish your own comfort level with all the risks involved.
For sake of getting a BBBJ, I highly doubt that a hobbyist would tell me if they had HSV2.

Vice versa with a provider.

Unless she had a visible patch of cauliflower on her labia, do you think she would tell you that she has HSV2 while you're doing DATY?

But alas, that's the risk of having sex with people. You can't escape that.

The only thing that you can do is slap a condom on it, pray to hobby Jesus, and wash all orifices rigorously with soap, hot water, and peroxide afterwards and go get tested at least once every three months.
be much more safer if we could blast her/him or talk about it more freely on here if they had some disease...
I understand what your saying, but this came up from someone I know who picked up hsv1 and hsv2 from an unknown provider in the hobby. Nows he's concerned with having to leave the hobby since he doesn't want to spread anything to an unknowing party. But at the same time with protection the chances are still small. Does he leave the hobby, a hobby he really loves or just keep going and be as safe as he can? I'm pretty sure no one can answer that but himself, he just hates the thought of having to leave the hobby he loves because someone screwed him over. Thoughtz?
The reality is many of the girls don't have another career option without having to actually work and for far less money. While they may want to stop for fear of spreading something that they know they have, they have to eat so I don't see them stopping. People can get on here and be high and mighty about what good people they are with the reality is no truly wholesome person is on the site.

You just have to pray and be careful.
You mentioned an unknown provider that he caught the virus from and it just made me curious as to what should be done if he knew who the provider was.

So just throwing another question to the mix, should one release information on who they contracted an std from or be low key and continue hobbying like you said?

We all jump into this knowing the risk but if that risk actually occurs, should you not be considerate of the fellow hobbyists and providers to inform them?
He has no idea who it was, and honestly with many visits, some reviewed some not, it would be impossible to tell. Hell herpies can be asymptomatic so it's also possible the provider didn't know herself. Which leads me toy next question, what if it was you? Would you stop seeing providers of you found out you had hsv1 or 2? It begs the question for sure.
He has no idea who it was, and honestly with many visits, some reviewed some not, it would be impossible to tell. Hell herpies can be asymptomatic so it's also possible the provider didn't know herself. Which leads me toy next question, what if it was you? Would you stop seeing providers of you found out you had hsv1 or 2? It begs the question for sure. Originally Posted by Fenix4466
Above I said I don't think most of the girls would stop, I don't think most guys would either.
Eccie I know what your saying and I agree, most would not stop. What I am asking is should they. Should they be compelled to stop, should getting an std be a hobby stopper.
no ! continue the domino effect
Eccie I know what your saying and I agree, most would not stop. What I am asking is should they. Should they be compelled to stop, should getting an std be a hobby stopper. Originally Posted by Fenix4466
Depends on what they got burnt with . . .
Well this thread is making me want to leave the hobby..or take a long ass break

I would hope if something is contracted, provider/hobbyist would leave, but that is naive...so with that I am, just might, well maybe I am out
Eccie I know what your saying and I agree, most would not stop. What I am asking is should they. Should they be compelled to stop, should getting an std be a hobby stopper. Originally Posted by Fenix4466
I certainly think they should and hope they would stop but because we're not talking about the most socially responsible people in society I question how many actually would. Here many ladies think they're safe blowing multiple strangers a week.