logic of weekend special?

I don't quite understand the logic of weekend special. A provider advertised "weekend special" with a lower rate. When I visited her during the weekday, she asked for a higher donation, claiming the lower rate she advertised only applies to weekend.
I assume there are usually more clients during the weekend, which should push the rate higher, as what happens to the ski resort. Why does a provider want to charge less in the weekend?
There are probably less clients on the weekend, since a vast majority of hobbyists are married men who visit girls on weekdays. That's my guess anyway. And ultimately the girls can charge what they want to, when they want to.
Although working weekends is a favorite for me, often there isn't a lot of business.

I've done a weekend special to get some business. Sounds pretty normal.

But specials are always such an individual thing. And completely subjective. Hard to pin down the "whys", etc.

Hugs,
Elisabeth
I usually plan personal time on the weekends because they are typically pretty slow. So offering a weekend special is probably her method of getting business to fill a time that is slow for her.

Smart providers set their rates to generate the kind of business they are looking for - higher or lower volume, shorter or longer dates, or dates on days/times that work with their schedule. She sounds like a smart lady who knows her business.
Most hobby guys have family, and they typically are with the wife and kids during the weekend and are unable to get away.
Yes, I agree, weekends are slow, too many other activities going on
With families, I know some guys who have their kids on weekends, and during the summer months alot of people in this area head down to the lake.
Most hobby guys have family, and they typically are with the wife and kids during the weekend and are unable to get away. Originally Posted by KenMonk
How do you know that "Most hobby guys have family" ? I've met plenty of single guys who participate.. I don't get your blanket statement...
How do you know that "Most hobby guys have family" ? I've met plenty of single guys who participate.. I don't get your blanket statement... Originally Posted by malwoody
He does exit polls after sessions, duh. This isn't the first time a weekend thread has come up and this is the answer most often given. Whether it is right or not is hard to judge, but it makes sense if you expand it to having a SO and not just a family.
This is when the single guys get to play. :-P
I agree it is slower on the weekends...
How do you know that "Most hobby guys have family" ? I've met plenty of single guys who participate.. I don't get your blanket statement... Originally Posted by malwoody
Its a fact, the majority of guys who hobby are older married guys or guys with SO's. Majority meaning 51+%. Also some single guys do have family, maybe not wives. They have kids, or whatever.

I find it enjoyable that you feel the need to comment on all of my posts. It makes me feel special to get the attention of such a valuable member of this board.
Its a fact, the majority of guys who hobby are older married guys or guys with SO's. Majority meaning 51+%. Also some single guys do have family, maybe not wives. They have kids, or whatever.

I find it enjoyable that you feel the need to comment on all of my posts. It makes me feel special to get the attention of such a valuable member of this board. Originally Posted by KenMonk
No I don't even come close to commenting on "all" of your posts...I just am amused at how you are continually posting these opinions and calling them facts..

So if it's a fact, would you mind sharing your source ?
Wow. The cocks are always at attention ready to battle. Lets assume "some" hobbiests have a SO. Lets also assume a considerable number of people do work the Monday thru Friday grind. Lets also assume that if you are single, day of the week does not matter. By any stretch of deductive reasoning people who have an SO and work a traditional schedule are less likely to get away on the weekends to hobby. Almost every provider who has chipped in has said traffic is slower on weekends. Any body wanting to argue the dots here is just looking for a fight.
Wow. The cocks are always at attention ready to battle. Lets assume "some" hobbiests have a SO. Lets also assume a considerable number of people do work the Monday thru Friday grind. Lets also assume that if you are single, day of the week does not matter. By any stretch of deductive reasoning people who have an SO and work a traditional schedule are less likely to get away on the weekends to hobby. Almost every provider who has chipped in has said traffic is slower on weekends. Any body wanting to argue the dots here is just looking for a fight. Originally Posted by parttimeplayer
Not at all looking for a fight here....I am just curious about this "fact"...
What is the source...where does this "fact" in fact come from..? I have no axe to grind, I don't know KM to be anything other than a decent guy...but I do take issue with opinions being put forth as gospel and I guess I don't really understand the motivation..

How does he know this "fact" ?..That's all I want to know..
I've been here for awhile and I couldn't really say one way or another, so if there is a Hobby Almanac somewhere, I'd like to read it....
Yes, weekends are usually slower, so I don't see anything strange about her offering weekend specials to boost her business...

I am usually available more during the week than on weekends, so I am just the opposite, and tend to offer more specials during the week (from time to time)...

That just goes to show how things vary from provider to provider, and there's no RIGHT way for a provider to handle their "affairs". She should always do what feels right for her, without compromise.

If you're not comfortable with the rate she's requesting I'm sure there are other providers out there that fit more into your price range. Or you could just see her on the weekend. Just a suggestion.