A question for providers

I hope that this is the proper channel for this question. If not, I do apologize.

This morning, a gentleman called me to book an appointment. His references did not check out. He was not seeing ladies that had similar rates and some were outside of Austin altogether. One of them didn't have any idea who I was talking about and another did not pick up.

I should say that I am very low volume and I don't need to take extra risks. I have to be especially careful considering my RL job.

What do you ladies think? How do you screen new clients?
You asked for provider input. I'm not one. So forgive my intrusion. But let me add that many men hobby all over the nation and globally. Those who travel often hobby frequently but may not return to the same provider for years. That may be what you're running into.

But, screen on. It's the right thing to do.
I hope that this is the proper channel for this question. If not, I do apologize.

This morning, a gentleman called me to book an appointment. His references did not check out. He was not seeing ladies that had similar rates and some were outside of Austin altogether. One of them didn't have any idea who I was talking about and another did not pick up.

I should say that I am very low volume and I don't need to take extra risks. I have to be especially careful considering my RL job.

What do you ladies think? How do you screen new clients? Originally Posted by celesta
I am not a lady but here are a couple of points.

Why does it matter if he hasn't seen ladies in your price range? You should be flattered he wanted "to upgrade". I enjoy some Texas Land and Cattle but on occasion, enjoy Sullivans too.

It's not unusual for guys to see out of town ladies. Austin is visited by many out of town providers all the time.

Apparently unlike you, many providers are high volume. It's not unusual for a lady to forget a client especially if he was a typical, normal client etc (nothing stood out). Providers don't always answer phones for clients so you can't blame the provider not answering your call on the hobbyist. It's no secret that many providers are not reachable in the morning.

You are still a "registered member". Should hobbyists screen you out because you are not an ECCIE verified provider?

Some food for thought.

sixx
Explain the phrase, "he was not seeing ladies that had similar rates".

What do you ladies think? How do you screen new clients? Originally Posted by celesta
You have the right to screen how you want. But I am curious what you were screening for? If you were screening for safety, why would it matter if his references weren't from your price range?

When you screen is it uncommon for providers to not answer the phone?

Why would the fact that some of his references were from out of town providers raise a flag for you?
  • Toyz
  • 06-26-2012, 03:09 PM
The timing of this is laughable...
these guys are right.. especially when you consider how Austin area has become so "metropolitan " due to the misc industries with international interests that are here. If it wasn't for those business, your business would be much much less.
The timing of this is laughable... Originally Posted by Toyz

Get P411 then you don't have to worry about calling ladies you can just look at their ok's. As far as price range goes that's really non of your concern. You are not renting him a house so you don't need to know if he can afford you next week or next month. Do you plan on adding a credit check to your screening process as well?
Not a lady but you need to talk to a lady at P411, every one in the business now days with any brains will tell you to use www.preferred411.com and cut the bull shit of needless screening task of calling, hoping one returns a call and as you mention memory of the said client.

This is the easiest task that you can do, unless you are someone else or using a handler to do your job, if he or she is being paid to do that for you, then you might suggest them to get their shit together.....

Just saying.............

Oh....just to bullet case sixx's statements......which are as he says "Food for Thought".....

1. Why does it matter if he hasn't seen ladies in your price range? You should be flattered he wanted "to upgrade". I enjoy some Texas Land and Cattle but on occasion, enjoy Sullivans too.

2. It's not unusual for guys to see out of town ladies. Austin is visited by many out of town providers all the time.

3. Apparently unlike you, many providers are high volume. It's not unusual for a lady to forget a client especially if he was a typical, normal client etc (nothing stood out). Providers don't always answer phones for clients so you can't blame the provider not answering your call on the hobbyist. It's no secret that many providers are not reachable in the morning.

4. You are still a "registered member". Should hobbyists screen you out because you are not an ECCIE verified provider?

(Well said Sixx...)
I don't usually get involved in these cat fights... BUT... you haven't had a review in 8 1/2 months... cuts both ways.

See my point?
The timing of this is questionable and sadly, most likely NOT a coincidence.
  • monev
  • 06-26-2012, 03:52 PM
Ok Celesta I think I have everything you asked for.

1. Letter of reference from my bank
2. Mortgage statement showing no late pays
3. Live insurance for 500k, nervous about why you need that
4. Letter from my Doctor
5. Credit checks from all 3 big boys
6. Phone #'s for all ladies I've seen this year
7. Tipping schedule for same ladies
8. My 500 word essay on why you should see me

Can I please get that one hour date now that I spent two days getting all your requested info for?
You gentlemen bring up valid points. That's definitely food for thought and I'll have to think on it. Thank you.

I'm not entirely sure why this was a bad time to ask this. But, I would still like to hear if any other providers have input. Thank you to all the providers who have pm'd me!
P.S. Buckman... You failed screening!

I had a boy write me a three-page essay in seventh grade as to why I should date him. I didn't go out with him, either. You're gonna have to step it up!
  • monev
  • 06-26-2012, 04:42 PM
P.S. Buckman... You failed screening!

I had a boy write me a three-page essay in seventh grade as to why I should date him. I didn't go out with him, either. You're gonna have to step it up! Originally Posted by celesta
Wow so you were hooking in the 7th grade. I guess you have more miles on then I thought. So does this mean I have to pay your up charge and or pre pay like everyone else who's trying to see you. Tell me has anyone passed your screening or is this all just a scam to charge more. Tell Marco we all say hey.