Question about 411

• Baron
  • 10-11-2012, 12:11 PM
I've been on here for about 7 years but rarely hobby (1-2x yr). As a result my references aren't always useful. I've been reluctant to use 411 because I assume it ties me to a real name in some way. Can someone clear this up for me?
If you can get a provider to invite you on and two more to give okays, the only info you give is first name/day of birth(not month or year)/first letter of city born/four digits off DL. Plus you will get first 6 months free. Add one more okay to your 3 okays,and you can see almost anyone!
P411 works very well for me.
  • kSoze
  • 10-11-2012, 12:52 PM
the only info you give is first name/day of birth(not month or year)/first letter of city born/four digits off DL. Originally Posted by rocketride
Can this all be fake info or does p411 verify it and if so how is it verified? Do you send in a copy of your DL? And if that being the case, Baron you are correct, it will tie you to a real world identity.
You do not send in anything. It's whatever you fill in! You recieve an email and click on link,fill in info. Of course a buddy of mine mentioned his info was made up and Gina shut down his account til it was corrected.
  • kSoze
  • 10-11-2012, 01:01 PM
If fake then what is the point? I mean why not just give refs, same refs that you'd give p411. Most providers would want to talk to the girls giving the refs don't you think?

Also if fake, why does p411 STRESS they do NOT store any records and the records NOT being stored are based in Canada? Makes you wonder huh?

A few providers I know not only had to send in copies of DL but were required to take a snapshot of themselves holding their p411 ID number (in large print) next to their DL. Maybe Gina and enlighten.
That's the point if you're invited on you're already vouched you don't give p411 any refs.
Just come up with ID number.
  • Sire
  • 10-11-2012, 01:10 PM
Can this all be fake info or does p411 verify it and if so how is it verified? Do you send in a copy of your DL? And if that being the case, Baron you are correct, it will tie you to a real world identity. Originally Posted by kSoze
If fake then what is the point? I mean why not just give refs, same refs that you'd give p411

A few providers I know not only had to send in copies of DL but were required to take a snapshot of themselves holding their p411 ID number (in large print) next to their DL. Maybe Gina and enlighten. Originally Posted by kSoze
It DOESN'T tie you to your real world identity. Sheesh. Get a clue. You think that's what they want to do? If that were the case, it wouldn't be so popular.

It's really the best way to do the hobby. It's easier on hobbyists AND providers.

Go do some research kSoze.

You really seem to have a chip on your shoulder in every thread here since day one. What's your beef with everyone, and everything?
  • kSoze
  • 10-11-2012, 01:15 PM
You really seem to have a chip on your shoulder in every thread here since day one. What's your beef with everyone, and everything? Originally Posted by Sire
I thought this was a board to share information and discuss topics that are relevant to the hobby? This thread is about p411 and I just do NOT agree that using p411 is safe. Just saying.

rocketride, No offense, unless you've taken a part-time job at p411 you are again making assumptions with nothing to back them up.

Sire, per your suggestion, I just chatted with Nicole at p411 and confirmed the info can NOT be fake. The way the system is set up the provider CAN (not always) use the p411 ID to cross check with what is in your wallet. If it does not match, it might make things a bit awkward.

Of course a buddy of mine mentioned his info was made up and Gina shut down his account til it was corrected. Originally Posted by rocketride
My point exactly! rocketride thank you for sharing this information.
Never ever been asked for DL,and p411 tells you to tape over the parts of DL that are not part of your p411 ID so they can't put your RW ID together. So my ID has 4 of 8 digits cover 4. My first name cover M.I. and last. My day of birth,but you cover month and year. And first letter of city born not even on your DL unless you've lived in the same city all your life.
It

Go do some research kSoze.

You really seem to have a chip on your shoulder in every thread here since day one. What's your beef with everyone, and everything? Originally Posted by Sire
He's just back to stir up shit. That's what he does. It's what he'll always do no matter reincarnation he uses.
  • kSoze
  • 10-11-2012, 01:51 PM
It DOESN'T tie you to your real world identity. Sheesh. Get a clue. You think that's what they want to do? If that were the case, it wouldn't be so popular. Originally Posted by Sire
Sire so, you admit then that your p411 ID is FAKE right? Otherwise it would tie you to your real world identity. Am I wrong? Codybeast all of my points are relevant to Barons questions?

Just because we have gotten used to doing things a certain way does NOT mean they are safe.
Think that's COMPLETELY explained in post 10! P411 only has the info that would be uncovered on your DL. And if you're not invited on,then you have to give all the info and employment verification.
  • kSoze
  • 10-11-2012, 02:05 PM
rocketride you "think" that giving out your REAL first name, REAL 4 digits of your DL along with your REAL DOB is NOT a bit scary considering the nature of this community? Not to mention this INFORMATION sits on some server for anyone to access. That being said are you telling us that:

p411 collects and stores members REAL first names, 4 digits of DL# along with a DOB and in some cases even a work number too? And is available to query online? Interesting.
Nope! I introduce myself real name at socials. My name is Richard millions of them. 4 digits from DL you don't know if there first,middle,or end. You would probably have as much luck figuring out all the combinations,as determining what numbers are coming up on Saturdays lotto. Tiny pieces do not complete a puzzle!