To review or not to review

This is to providers and hobbyist. I review almost everytime I see a provider. I am totally honest with them. I would say about 95 percent of them are very positive. When the review is negative I usually get a remark from the provider saying I am full of shit or something of that nature because they have had positive reviews from other clients. I am slender, not ugly, have good hygiene and always respectful. Would you as a provider prefer that you don't get reviews. Can you explain the why the nasty remarks when the review is negative. I would think it's a chance to see a way to better your business. I try to give a provider all the chances to make an impression but I can't give a bullshit review when its not good. After all a review is supposed to be for the hobbyist to read and help make their minds up. As a hobbyist do you think I should just not review the bad ones and only give the good ones to promote some kind of bullshit harmony on the sites. Come on gang lets get the real reply on what you think.
I hate to sound redundant, but this is my standard reply. ECCIE is an information exchange. It's not a "good information only" exchange. To be of any value to this community, reviewers have to be willing to post honest, objective reviews despite blowback from providers and their knights. Avoid making derogatory comments, use a little tact and diplomacy, but be honest.
Review and be honest. It is not wrong to give a negative review. We need the 411-- both clients and providers. Us guys want to know what to expect. If the provider was bad, that is important information. Gals need the feedback as well. I know if I got a negative review. I'd be upset, but if the points were valid, it might be an area to improve on.

For the gals, are there providers out there who don't give a shit about reviews and don't try to "fix" what is perceived as a shortfall? Also for the ladies, not every session is going to be the best ever nor is every provider going to be every hobbyists ATF. And most of the time, it is not your fault. You see, us guys are particular. We may be looking for a certain activity or certain type of provider. We walk into a date with pre-conceived notions of what to expect. If things just don't click, don't expect us to rate the session as a 10-- even if you are use to always getting stellar reviews. There are some of us out here who try to be fair and objective. I try my best and usually give the gal the benefit of the doubt in most areas, but a session has to leave me begging for more if it is going to get my highest remarks.
Reviews, both good and bad, are a pain in the @ss. For what you get, it ain't worth it. And, you'll notice some of the board post leaders hardly review at all, or they never review.
A good session I will post a review
A mediocre session I will post a review
A bad session, it depends on how much drama I think will come from it. The drama will come from the lady, from the other gentlemen here or from both.

I will usually not post a bad review if it is just a no-connection thing and she has many other good reviews. I will definitely post a bad one if the issue was one of poor attitude, hygiene, upsell, or false/misrepresentation on pictures...don't care how popular she may be!
Thanks guys. Now come you providers give me your opinion.
I only will provide a review after a good session and the provider asks for one. Reviewers tend to exagerate for what ever reason and when I do read a review in TER, not so much here, I feel as though the reviewers are trying to one up each other. Look what I got and you did not.

Speaking of TER, I am no longer a member becuase when you did write a bad review the provider will challenge you, say that she never even met you or something worse. The next thing you know you are being beaten up or banned. Some providers cant take criticism. And I am speaking about mild criticism like.....lovely lady, had a great time, sexy as anything.....but that cell phone riging every 10 minutes was anoying.
I think the exchange of honest, objective information, in economic theory, creates a more perfect marketplace. The best goods are received for the best price and both parties benefit from having this information. An honest, objective evaluation should be nothing a good provider should dread.
We still need the ladies opinions here
what about making a section for only the hobbyist to see and post a bad review? guys might be more willing to post up a bad review if they know the provider wont see it.
My .02 call it like it is. Don't upsell, Don't short. Just tell it like it is. All though providers can't see the ROS word usually leaks out, and I for one would like to know if I'm living up to or exceeding expectations as well as if I need to pay more attention to some detail
My .02 call it like it is. Don't upsell, Don't short. Just tell it like it is. All though providers can't see the ROS word usually leaks out, and I for one would like to know if I'm living up to or exceeding expectations as well as if I need to pay more attention to some detail Originally Posted by chelsea simms
most men cant see the ROS either...
I still don't understand what the fuss is here. This is an easy fix:

1) Provider A sends Client B a rude PM calling him a jerk for writing she was 25 pounds over her profile weight and insinuating she was a clock watcher (or whatever negative element was in the review) with enough detail that proves she read the ROS portion of the review, or perhaps something that was said in the locker room.

2) Client B, being a responsible member of our community sends this PM and any other evidence that helps their investigation to the staff. He is unflappable and does not fret about white knights or other things beyond his control. He wrote an honest review without making derogatory remarks--just a fair and balanced presentation so he has nothing to fret about.

3) The board management then confronts Provider A with the evidence of her unauthorized use of the site. One of two things are true--she either had access by duplicity with her registration, or some (insert extremely profane words) poor excuse of a man shared this info with her for whatever bizarre agenda he had. The staff informs her that she is suspended indefinitely until she provides the exact nature of her ability to read the ROS statement--names or details or no reinstatement. Once she fesses up, they can decide how long she is suspended. If another gentleman was indeed involved, he gets a matching suspension.

A sticky bulletin is put in the appropriate area of the board that announces the handle(s) that leaked or accessed private information, the length of the suspension dealt out and the fact that their ability to be discreet is suspect. They get some time off to think about it, and when they come back they have the stigma of being untrustworthy, male or female, until they prove to the community they have learned their lesson. This public announcement clarifies the position of the board on discretion and acts as a deterrent to the next person that thinks about trading trust for gain.

Why is this an issue? It ain't rocket science folks.
Chelsea it sounds like you have the right attitude towards a review but as I say in my original thread most don't take anything negative about them well and take offense right away. I always try to say something positive even when its hard to but that doesn't seem to work either. I guess egos are a little too soft for alot of providers and I guess us hobbyist also
Reviews are worthless. Period. Whether here, TER or any other review site. There are many reasons. Some of them are:
  • Not all hobbyists review, so there's not a complete record
  • Some hobbyists that do reviews, don't review all providers
  • Some hobbyists are WKs for providers, so "fake" reviews get on the board
  • Some providers harass hobbyists who write an accurate, but negative, review
  • Some hobbyists have never written a "bad" review. Which leads you to believe they've never had a "bad" session. That's BS. All hobbyists (even the king, L, has had at least one).
  • Not all ladies are reviewed. A number of ladies from BP are never reviewed. And a number of ladies (mostly HDHs or a tier just below them) are never reviewed.
All reviews suck because they never tell the whole story.