How lucrative is providing?

I used to think that strippers took home enough money to fill their closets with Christian Louboutins ( for the guys, these are very expensive shoes ). I now know that is far from the truth. I met a stripper that happens to also be a provider and she says that she gets most of her income from providing. So I'm just curious if providing pays enough to be a provider's only source of income? Or I know in some providers' cases, it just supplements their 9-5. I know that there are costs to providing like in-calls.
Many ladies only do this and it pays their bills, school, and plenty more. Some its a part time gig to give extra padding to their civie jobs.
  • Vyt
  • 04-18-2011, 11:32 PM
To be fair some strippers don't make a good deal of money. Strippers are considered 'contractors' which means they have to pay for the privilege of working at a given club every day, plus tip out various people who constantly have hands out (waitresses to direct business their way, DJs to not put them on stage rotation, managers just because). This plus the fact a stripper could strike out all evening trying to get people to buy dances makes it somewhat high stress.

How some club patrons take advantage of this is left as an exercise for the interested reader.
Seems like a predatory environment by all accounts.
  • Vyt
  • 04-18-2011, 11:37 PM
*snort*

The women are the most predatory, believe me.
To be fair some strippers don't make a good deal of money. Strippers are considered 'contractors' which means they have to pay for the privilege of working at a given club every day, plus tip out various people who constantly have hands out (waitresses to direct business their way, DJs to not put them on stage rotation, managers just because). This plus the fact a stripper could strike out all evening trying to get people to buy dances makes it somewhat high stress.

How some club patrons take advantage of this is left as an exercise for the interested reader. Originally Posted by Vyt
*snort*

The women are the most predatory, believe me. Originally Posted by Vyt
Very well said.
So providing could be the sole source of income in this economy? I remember one provider saying that she was only getting quickie french appointments.
I used to think that strippers took home enough money to fill their closets with Christian Louboutins ( for the guys, these are very expensive shoes ). I now know that is far from the truth. I met a stripper that happens to also be a provider and she says that she gets most of her income from providing. So I'm just curious if providing pays enough to be a provider's only source of income? Or I know in some providers' cases, it just supplements their 9-5. I know that there are costs to providing like in-calls. Originally Posted by txAustin202

There are a lot of factors that come into play. The higher teir providers obviously make more money (100 to 200k) I am guessing. Having said that, if an average lady knows how to market herself, and keep regulars she can make pleny of money providing full time. Some ladies don't feel like working much even if the potential is there (low volume). It is an emotionally taxing job even if you enjoy it. Most providers that I know have to take days off, or they would burn out fast. It's just not something you can do 5 days a week every week. Some are more motivated by the $, and really hustle. They pretty much do whatever it takes to make as much as they can. I think some ladies have to be willing to take more risks by seeing any and all requests they get. Not all of us are willing to take that risk. Some of us have to pass up sessions, because we have kiddo's or family at home. That certainly effects the number of sessions per week. I have worked the 9 to 5 and supplemented. The problem with that is that most clients request day time appointments! I have also provided full time, and made plenty of money.
  • Booth
  • 04-19-2011, 08:26 AM
So providing could be the sole source of income in this economy? Originally Posted by txAustin202
It's really none of your business.
If you do it right, you can make a TON of money. But you can also get extremely burned out on it. It takes a lot of mental effort as well as physical. I'm in school, so providing is a perfect 'part time' job for me. I can make my own hours, and work only a few times a week to earn X amount of dollars to cover my living costs, while still having time to study, go out with friends etc.

The problem is with most girls, the money is so easy - it comes and goes almost daily, so it can be hard to save when you know you have the opportunity to make more the next day or on the weekend. You really have to be able to budget, save and be smart about it in order for it to be lucrative.
@Booth- I'm not asking any particular provider that question. I'm just curious about the profession.
@Jamie - The first provider that I ever saw said that she has been providing for 5 years and that she doesn't see herself getting a 9-5 because the money is good and easy. But easy come easy goes I guess.
The problem is with most girls, the money is so easy - it comes and goes almost daily, so it can be hard to save when you know you have the opportunity to make more the next day or on the weekend. You really have to be able to budget, save and be smart about it in order for it to be lucrative. Originally Posted by JamieYoung

Very well said
Very well said Originally Posted by Jamie1234

+1
There are a lot of factors that come into play. The higher teir providers obviously make more money (100 to 200k) I am guessing. Having said that, if an average lady knows how to market herself, and keep regulars she can make pleny of money providing full time. Some ladies don't feel like working much even if the potential is there (low volume). It is an emotionally taxing job even if you enjoy it. Most providers that I know have to take days off, or they would burn out fast. It's just not something you can do 5 days a week every week. Some are more motivated by the $, and really hustle. They pretty much do whatever it takes to make as much as they can. I think some ladies have to be willing to take more risks by seeing any and all requests they get. Not all of us are willing to take that risk. Some of us have to pass up sessions, because we have kiddo's or family at home. That certainly effects the number of sessions per week. I have worked the 9 to 5 and supplemented. The problem with that is that most clients request day time appointments! I have also provided full time, and made plenty of money. Originally Posted by BritneyBangs
Britney (or anyone else),

I was wondering about what specifically is emotionally taxing for you about this business.

Is it the nerve wracking part of "seeing" unknown people in the personal way you do? Is it the stigma of keeping underground to friends/family? Is it having to be intimate with people who you might not be attracted to or might not be in the mood for? I think i'd have a really hard time with these aspects of this business. On the other side I think it would be reallly really fun too...I could see myself really enjoying the positive aspects of this if I were an attractive female, as opposed to a pudgy guy. I have to admit it i am fascinated with what you girls do.
You nailed it! The positive aspects outweigh the negative though.