I Have been benched........ :(

Happy Friday everyone i hope yall are having a wonderful day so far. The reason i am writing this post is to inform everyone that i have been benched for now. I have been in the hospital twice in the last three days for a back injury and nothing seems to be helping. Until I can find out all the details and what the next steps are I'm going to have to sit on sidelines for a bit. Hopefully it isn't anything too bad and its a speedy recovery. Just so you know ill be on and off the boards but still available for references for anyone who needs them.

~Kisses Jen
Sorry to hear about that babe and hope you get well fast! Best wishes!
I hope you feel better soon
I hope your recovery is a speedy one. Take care of yourself and get plenty of rest!
I am also on the bench for a couple of more weeks. Perhaps we should ride the bench together!

In any event, get well soon and don't let the bedbugs bite!
hope you feel better... and if you need a fbsm to help the back pain, let me know
Get well very soon... I also have back issues from time to time and can relate to how it is. Keep your head up and hope to see you when you are back in the saddle again...

sixx
Take it easy and don't rush it. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Spacemtn
Your Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
Sorry to hear that get well soon.
Aw, honey, I'm sorry! Back pain is terrible. I hope they can figure out how to help you.

In the meantime, if you need anything at all, let me know.

xoxo Natalie
I wish you the best.

Hope you are feeling great again soon!
I'm not a medical professional, but I've had plenty of back injuries over the years and have found something that helps me 100% every time: Swimming

Not hard core laps necessarily, just swimming back and forth at a leisurely pace does the trick. It will gently stretch you out, while the water provides resistance of movement. Also the near weightlessness means your spine can extend rather than compress. Take it slow and steady, and don't think of it as exercise because you don't want to 'work out', you're just stretching and using the muscles gently.

Of course consult with your doctor before doing it, but every doctor I've seen for back injuries has recommended it when I mention it.

Either way, I hope you get better soon.
  • Mokoa
  • 11-20-2010, 01:44 PM
Sorry to read about your troubles.

Take all the time you need. Do not rush it. This type of situation requires patience.

Looking forward to when you are back!
Where/how you sit and sleep can make a big difference. It's not necessarily comfortable or "ergonomic" seating or bedding that helps either. You may need to do some experimenting.

You might try a chiropractor. Don't put much faith in the "mumbo jumbo" some chiropractors will give you, but if you back problem is what his treatments help, you'll feel better. I also don't believe in the long term regular treatment for generic health claims. Have you ever had a pain in your back or joints and you move it the right way, it pops, and you feel better. Sometimes Chiropractic is like that, sometimes it doesn't help. If it doesn't help after a few tries, look elsewhere. It can be the miracle cure or totally useless depending on what your problem is.

PM me if you want a name.

Even the "real" MD doctors often don't do good on back pain. Especially the surgeons. They often don't know how to help you but won't admit it. They're worth checking with, but don't have a lot of faith in them. If they help, good. If not, try something else or another doctor.

One of the more common treatments is muscle relaxers. Take them, go to bed for a day or two. You may get some temporary relief, or once everything relaxes, your muscles and bones may settle back into a non-painful configuration.

Don't take more than the recommended dose of Vicodin or anything else with Tylenol, acetaminophen, or "APAP." Don't take two different pain meds with Tylenol, acetaminophen, or "APAP" at the same time. It will shut down your liver, which is really, really bad.

I've heard it said that most back problems go away on their own within 6 months.
take care of yourself, Jen. Make sure you get that back feeling 100% better. Thinking about you!